Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)

Go down 
+2
corplhicks
Zdan
6 posters
AuthorMessage

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Empty
PostSubject: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Finally, the ever-mighty power trio behemoth that is High On Fire will be releasing a new album on June 23rd.

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) High-On-Fire_Luminiferous_Cover-565x565

Track listing:
1.) The Black Plot
2.) Carcosa
3.) The Sunless Years
4.) Slave the Hive
5.) The Falconist
6.) Dark Side of the Compass
7.) The Cave
8.) Luminiferous
9.) The Lethal Chamber

http://action-pr.com/featured/high-on-fire-to-release-new-album-luminiferous-june-23/
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 4:24 pm

And a strong contestant for the album of the year has just arrived. High On Fire can do no wrong in my eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 4:27 pm

June is going to be a heavy f*cker, new Goatsnake album drops that month as well.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Sweeeeeeeeeet.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 6:46 pm

This should be great when it comes out. I only have three of their albums at the moment but everyone one of them is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 1:42 pm

Damn. I keep forgetting about these guys. Need to add them to my collection asap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 4:06 pm

Stream the new song "The Black Plot" on this page:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/hear-high-on-fire-take-on-aliens-with-new-face-melter-the-black-plot-20150512

It sounds like...High On Fire. Which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Tour dates also announced with Pallbearer, Lucifer and Venomous Maximus opening up.

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Highonfiretour
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 7:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
Tour dates also announced with Pallbearer, Lucifer and Venomous Maximus opening up.  

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Highonfiretour

I'm hoping to make the Winston-Salem date of this tour.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 9:19 pm

High On Fire is almost the exact opposite of Pike's other band. They definitely get you going like a shot of caffeine. And his voice is crazy loud and abrasive!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 10:20 pm

I love them.  It's like heavy metal stripped of most of the dogma, cliches, artifice and bullshit, just primal raw power and Motorhead-influenced "F*ck you!" music.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 10:45 pm

It's a damn shame I missed these guys when they came to town a few weeks ago. A damn shame.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 5:12 pm

I listened to the new song earlier and it is killer!! I also purchased tickets for their Winston-Salem stop on their upcoming tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm planning on attending the Echoplex gig on July 31st.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 2:36 am

The whole album is streaming here:

http://www.npr.org/2015/06/07/412028493/first-listen-high-on-fire-luminiferous#playlist
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 12:09 am

I have been listening to this album quite a bit lately and it is definitely a rewarding experience. Ultra heavy and abrasive without being to extreme, a nice middle ground.

Anyone else enjoying or enjoyed this??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)   High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)
Page 1 of 1