Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis

Go down 
+5
GrandNational
Hamer12
DevZor
James B.
MetalGuy71
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Empty
PostSubject: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Quote :
Oakland, California hard rock band HIGH ON FIRE will release its new studio album, "De Vermis Mysteriis", on April 3 via eOne Music.

"De Vermis Mysteriis" (or "Mysteries Of The Worm") takes its title from a fictional grimoire created by "Psycho" author Robert Bloch and incorporated by H. P. Lovecraft into the lore of the "Cthulhu Mythos" (Lovecraft mentioned "De Vermis Mysteriis" as one of the books that "repeat the most hellish secrets learnt by early man"). The album carries a deeply mystical undercurrent, incorporating fantastical themes and lyrics detailing, among other things, time travel, a serum called liao that is made out of a black lotus and "a Jesus twin who can see the past through his ancestors' eyes." And that's just scratching the surface!

"De Vermis Mysteriis" track listing:

01. Serums Of Liao
02. Bloody Knuckles
03. Fertile Green
04. Madness Of An Architect
05. Interlude
06. Spiritual Rites
07. King Of Days
08. De Vermis Mysteriis
09. Romulus And Remus
10. Warhorn

High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Highonfire2012cd

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Can't wait! One of my favorite current bands.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Same here. It took me a long time to warm up to them (the vocals being the sticking point) but when it finally kicked in, I was hooked. Seeing them live was what did it.

The wall of sound that 3 guys created in the small club was amazing as well as seeing their dedication to their craft. They were in it for the music, not the money, that's for sure.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Dig the cover art..... have some exposure to their tuneage. Thanks for posting.

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Same here. It took me a long time to warm up to them (the vocals being the sticking point) but when it finally kicked in, I was hooked. Seeing them live was what did it.

The wall of sound that 3 guys created in the small club was amazing as well as seeing their dedication to their craft. They were in it for the music, not the money, that's for sure.

I became a fan for the same reason, I saw them play a small club in Virginia Beach and it was a frigging EXPERIENCE...not just a club date.

Matt walked out onstage puffing a joint, tuned his guitar a little, flicked the roach into the crowd and then they flat out destroyed!

Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 pm

This is turning out to be one hell of a spring!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 pm

DevZor wrote:
This is turning out to be one hell of a spring!

Yep! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:50 pm

UP! New song "Fertile Green" up for streaming. It's THRASHY!

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/13243-fertile-green/
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Love this band. Matt's vocals remind me of Lemmy for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
Love this band. Matt's vocals remind me of Lemmy for some reason.

Totally, that's how I've described him since the beginning. Plus they do sound like an amplified bulldozer, so that's another Motorhead-ism.

Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Anybody that sounds like Lemmy is cool. Unless it's a chick......
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Just listened to fertile green. Really dug it. Matt does a great job blending the right amount of sludge and crunch into a cohesive sound. Also, The bass guitar sounds beastly. headbanger

I noticed a lot of commenters don't seem terribly into "snakes." I don't get it, I think it's a superb album. Been listening to it a bunch lately in anticipation of the new one, and it positively slays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Here's a youtube version of the new single "Fertile Green" for those who had problems with the other link.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Review of the new album...and fairly witty too.

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/184545-review-high-on-fire-de-vermis-mysteriis

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Pretty cool.

Haven't heard from Iann Robinson in awhile either. I found his articles to be pretty darn entertaining. Hey, SD, ever hear his former band Puny Human? He was their drummer for 2 of their 3 albums I believe. Good stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Puny-Human/e/B001LHGMAS/ref=ntt_mus_dp_pel

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:34 pm

One of the few bands left that I get excited about. Hye on Fire? Yes I am.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Their last album was my first. I thought it was pretty cool, so i'll probably get the new one as well.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Mad why does April 3 seem so far away Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Another track "Bloody Knuckles" up for streaming on Spin.

http://www.spin.com/articles/listen-high-fires-savage-bloody-knuckles

The term "crushing" gets used too often...but it fits here!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:24 pm

I listened to both tracks. Enjoyed them both especially Bloody Knuckles. Should be another great album from High On Fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 pm

The complete album is up for streaming on NPR!

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/25/148593780/first-listen-high-on-fire-de-vermis-mysteriis?sc=tw&cc=twmp

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:32 am

Got this the day it came out at Best Buy. So far, so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:27 pm

I think it's their best album since Blessed Black Wings and shows the band is now tighter than ever in their arrangements. One of the few power trios out there where each instrument is of equal importance in the arrangements...it's not all guitar out front and then bass/drums in the background, they share equal footing.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:54 pm

I haven't seen a copy of this anywhere in my town. I think it's going to have to wait for my next trip to Edmonton before I can grab it. I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:24 am

I still haven't had a chance to pick this up. I'm embarking on a road trip tomorrow and a new hof record might be just what I need to make the km's seem a little shorter. I haven't seen OT anywhere in town though, so I may need to stop in a hmv in one of the cities on the way.

Anybody else out there pick it up?

Is it as skullcrushingly awesome as I'm hoping it will be? High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis 82702
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis   High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next