Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
mc666
juanmiguel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Empty
PostSubject: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:21 am

pummeling, pulverizing, thrashy, groovy, heavy- AND MELODIC!!!

i like it.

anyone else?

Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Ddriver
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:33 am

i think it's a good album of solid groove metal. i like all 3 of their albums. most people here will start bashing though, so be prepared. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:55 am

Loved the first two, haven't gotten this one yet.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:03 am

If it's heavy i'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 10:02 am

I never bash a cd someone likes. But I may have to check it out!

Wargod48

NP: Dreamscape - 5th Season
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Dez and crue came through again with flying colors! If you like this style of Metal there's a good chance you'll dig it-TJ
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Not familiar with them so can't say much about them. I'll have to check 'em out someday.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:01 pm

I was just thinking of picking this one up. I heard a few songs on Headbanger's Ball and thought they were pretty kick bunghole. Hard to pin down what kind of metal they are - but they are metal nonetheless. This isn't nu metal to my ears.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:32 pm

Aren't they a metalcore band turned groove/thrash? I used to listen to dez's old band when i was a just a young lad.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:35 pm

you are correct blackieboy. they are not nu metal (not even close), & they are not metalcore. they have more in common with the Swedish death metal scene musically. they just lace it with alot of groove.

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:39 pm

mc666 wrote:
you are correct blackieboy. they are not nu metal (not even close), & they are not metalcore. they have more in common with the Swedish death metal scene musically. they just lace it with alot of groove.
Yeah, but Dez was in Coal Chamber, thus they're just a nu-metal band that plays fast.

Or so people claim. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:38 pm

Yeah, Coal Chamber was nu metal and I think a lot of people who don't give Devil Driver a fair chance will automatically lump them together. It's just not true though. Devil Driver really impressed me. They have quite a unique sound out there right now. I like that. That's one reason I like Shadows Fall's new stuff as well. They are doing something innovative that just works!
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:46 am

yep, this record does slay.

its groovy with a distinct swedish melo-death bent with awesome barking/howling vocals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"   Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devildriver's "The Last Kind Words"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: