Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOREIGNER

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

FOREIGNER Empty
PostSubject: FOREIGNER   FOREIGNER Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 1:57 pm

The wife and I scored free tickets to see them this past Friday and had a great time. TR is not a really big venue (maybe 500 people there) compared to where we usually see shows (Mohegan or Foxwoods) but with 4 large video screens there really is no bad seat in the house. Also, no good hard rock/ heavy metal has come to the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence in over a decade, and it's not always easy to get into Boston, so unless we travel a great deal this is what we get. I have been a fan since grade school and have their first 5 on CD, so I was pretty psyched. My wife, who is nearly 11 years younger than myself (and a pop country fan) knows all the hits, so she was psyched too.
Now, on to the show. They played all the hit singles, saving three for the encore. I was surprised they closed the show with "I Want to Know What Love Is." I know it's their biggest hit, but it's a bit mellow. However, they did a bit different and even brought a local high school chorus onstage as well as recruiting the audience to sing along and come up on stage. I wished they would have played one or two deeper cuts like "Headknocker" or "Rev on the Redline" or even something from Hurricane or Dokken since there are no longer any original members in the band.
Truth be told, I was really interested in Kelly Hansen and Jeff Pilson, because of their connections to favorite bands of mine, but came away very impressed with the lead guitarist and drummer. These two killed it, especially the drummer. Kelly Hansen still sounds like it's summer of 1988 and worked the crowd (running through the audience and climbing a lighting rig) while Pilson even played keys when he handed his bass to the keyboardist. I thought that was pretty cool. All in all, a great show. It won't top being at the stage for Priest last October but I would certainly see this line up of Foreigner again.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

FOREIGNER Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOREIGNER   FOREIGNER Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 am

Cool. Thanks for the review.  Foreigner is playing at the Wild Adventure's Theme park in May, so I might get to see them.
Back to top Go down

FOREIGNER
Page 1 of 1