Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy metal box from Rhino!

Go down 
+9
T-Roy
kmorg
MetalGuy71
mc666
KissinMaiden
GrandNational
TrogDawn
ultmetal
Wargod
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Heavy metal box from Rhino! Empty
PostSubject: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Got this from Maximum Metal!

THE HEAVY METAL BOX Coming from Rhino Entertainment

Heavy metal is not for the faint of heart. The songs don't want you to dance, shake, spin, or jump. They insist that you bang your head. Forget nuances or subtlety, heavy metal's main concern is kicking your bunghole. Rhino dives into the mosh pit with a four-disc collection of musical wickedness that packs more fire and brimstone than an Aleister Crowley barbeque. The set will be offered in limited edition packing that resembles an amplifier. In a nod to Spinal Tap-whose song "Big Bottom" is included in the set-the faux-amp box features an authentic, turn-able Marshall knob allowing you to literally turn it up to 11. Arranged chronologically, the compilation gathers 70 choice selections from various record labels tracing the evolution of metal during its first golden age between 1968 and 1991. The Heavy Metal Box presents more than five hours of blistering fury guaranteed to send devil horn salutes in the air.

The Heavy Metal Box invokes some of metal's biggest names with Alice Cooper's "Billion Dollar Babies"; Black Sabbath's "Neon Knights"; "Highway Star" by "the loudest group in the world," Deep Purple; Iron Maiden's "The Phantom Of The Opera" with singer Paul Di'Anno and "The Number Of The Beast" with singer Bruce Dickinson; Judas Priest's "The Ripper" and "You've Got Another Thing Comin'"; Metallica's "Whiplash" and uber-doom-ballad "One"; Megadeth's searing political statement "Peace Sells"; Slayer's soul crushing "South of Heaven"; and Pantera's marriage of metal and hardcore on "Cowboys From Hell." The boxed set also includes songs by Ted Nugent, Kiss, W.A.S.P., Diamond Head, Venom, Living Colour, and a pair of tracks featuring leather-lunged Lemmy Kilmister who appears on Hawkwind's "Lost Johnny" and Motorhead's "Ace of Spades."

The Heavy Metal Box Official Myspace Page:
http://www.myspace.com/heavymetalbox

THE HEAVY METAL BOX
Track Listing

Disc 1
1. "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" -- Iron Butterfly
2. "Summertime Blues" -- Blue Cheer
3. "Easy Livin" -- Uriah Heep
4. "Highway Star" -- Deep Purple
5. "Billion Dollar Babies" -- Alice Cooper
6. "Lost Johnny" -- Hawkwind
7. "Bad Motor Scooter" -- Montrose
8. "Working Man" -- Rush
9. "Man On The Silver Mountain" -- Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
10. "Detroit Rock City" -- Kiss
11. "The Ripper" -- Judas Priest
12. "Cat Scratch Fever" -- Ted Nugent
13. "Lights Out" -- UFO
14. "Godzilla" -- Blue Oyster Cult
15. "Demolition Boys" -- Girlschool
16. "White Witch" -- Angel Witch
17. "The Phantom Of The Opera" -- Iron Maiden
18. "Neon Knights" -- Black Sabbath

Disc 2
1. "Ace Of Spades" -- Motorhead
2. "Am I Evil?" -- Diamond Head
3. "Nice Boys" -- Rose Tattoo
4. "Attack Of The Mad Axeman" -- Michael Schenker Group
5. "Denim And Leather" -- Saxon
6. "Blitzkrieg" -- Blitzkrieg
7. "Gangland" -- Tygers Of Pan Tang
8. "Witching Hour" -- Venom
9. "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" -- Judas Priest
10. "The Number Of The Beast" -- Iron Maiden
11. "Star War" -- Raven
12. "Say What You Will" -- Fastway
13. "Black Funeral" -- Mercyful Fate
14. "Animal (F**k Like A Beast)" -- W.A.S.P.
15. "Mean Streak" -- Y&T
16. "Holy Diver" -- Dio
17. "Queen Of The Reich" -- Queensryche
18. "Whiplash" -- Metallica

Disc 3
1. "Rock You Like A Hurricane" -- Scorpions
2. "Metal Health" -- Quiet Riot
3. "Into The Fire" -- Dokken
4. "Balls To The Wall" -- Accept
5. "Round And Round" -- Ratt
6. "I Wanna Rock" -- Twisted Sister
7. "The Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" -- Hanoi Rocks
8. "Big Bottom" -- Spinal Tap
9. "Midnite Maniac" -- Krokus
10. "I'll See The Light, Tonight" -- Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force
11. "Crazy Nights" -- Loudness
12. "Shake Me" -- Cinderella
13. "Watch The Children Pray" -- Metal Church
14. "To Hell With The Devil" -- Stryper
15. "A Little Time" -- Helloween
16. "Wrecking Crew" -- Overkill
17. "Caught In A Mosh" -- Anthrax
18. "Peace Sells" -- Megadeth

Disc 4
1. "Still Of The Night" -- Whitesnake
2. "Rock Me" -- Great White
3. "Talk Dirty To Me" -- Poison
4. "Bathroom Wall" -- Faster Pussycat
5. "Hall Of The Mountain King" -- Savatage
6. "Kiss Me Deadly" -- Lita Ford
7. "Hail And Kill" -- Manowar
8. "Trial By Fire" -- Testament
9. "Welcome Home" -- King Diamond
10. "South Of Heaven" -- Slayer
11. "One" -- Metallica
12. "Cult Of Personality" -- Living Colour
13. "Youth Gone Wild" -- Skid Row
14. "Cowboys From Hell" -- Pantera
15. "Beg To Differ" -- Prong
16. "Dead Embryonic Cells" -- Sepultura

Wargod48

NP: Black Betty - S/T, stonerish dOOm.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:42 pm

Cool collection.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:00 pm

Hmm...Blue Cheer, Iron Butterfly and Deep Purple, but no Ozzy-era Sabbath? Not even frigging "Paranoid"? I usually have nothing but the highest respect and regard for the tracklisting on the comps that Rhino puts out, but that's quite a glaring omission. scratch

Oh, for the record, I also would have included the cover of "House of the Rising Sun" by FRIJID PINK. Heavy metal box from Rhino! 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:17 pm

This looks real good. Rhino did a cool series on Blues (I think 16 volumes in total) a few years back touching on the different styles (electric, acoustic, harmonica, Chicago, women, etc.). I think it would be cool to do the same with metal, like the roots from the late 60's, then early 70's, late 70's, NWOBHM, early thrash from the 80's, then beginings of death metal, the new doom of the 80's, early black, hair, power, etc., you get the point. That would be cool to come out in 16 or so volumes, as long as a real metalhead was put in charge to do it.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:59 pm

Look's cool but, I have most of this stuff already.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:29 pm

yeah of the stuff featured that i like, i already have the originals.

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Yeah I saw that last day. Sound great! With the amp who goes to 11! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:28 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Hmm...Blue Cheer, Iron Butterfly and Deep Purple, but no Ozzy-era Sabbath? Not even frigging "Paranoid"? I usually have nothing but the highest respect and regard for the tracklisting on the comps that Rhino puts out, but that's quite a glaring omission. scratch

Oh, for the record, I also would have included the cover of "House of the Rising Sun" by FRIJID PINK. Heavy metal box from Rhino! 309780

You can thank Sharon for that. I know a guy that used to work with Rhino and he told me about this box set back in July. Long story, short...in order to use Ozzy-era Sabbath, Sharon wanted big money and approval of pics, what songs, what the packaging would look like, etc. She was so difficult, the Rhino people said forget it.

Looks like a cool box set, however any self respecting metal-head should have most of that stuff already.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:35 am

cool!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:39 am

allot of cheese in there too.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 12:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

You can thank Sharon for that. I know a guy that used to work with Rhino and he told me about this box set back in July. Long story, short...in order to use Ozzy-era Sabbath, Sharon wanted big money and approval of pics, what songs, what the packaging would look like, etc. She was so difficult, the Rhino people said forget it.
Oh, ok. That makes sense then. That sucks. It just didn't compute that they would leave that version of the band off of something like this. Neutral
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 12:52 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

Oh, ok. That makes sense then. That sucks. It just didn't compute that they would leave that version of the band off of something like this. Neutral

Did you notice that there's no solo Ozzy either? A Box of Metal and no "Crazy Train"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 12:55 pm

Seems like alot of rehashing of those "Masters of Metal" comps from the early 90's.

Heavy metal box from Rhino! Strikeforce
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Did you notice that there's no solo Ozzy either? A Box of Metal and no "Crazy Train"?
Yep, you're right! Lame-o! Rolling Eyes

I appreciate Sharon's "Iron Woman" status and her arse-kicking business abilities, but geez - there's a point when it gets to be counter-productive! Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 4:17 pm

There's some Spinal Tap! 🤘 lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 5:03 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yep, you're right! Lame-o! Rolling Eyes

I appreciate Sharon's "Iron Woman" status and her arse-kicking business abilities, but geez - there's a point when it gets to be counter-productive! Neutral

I agree. She was fine when she was more "behind-the-scenes". Since the tv show, she's gotten too big & mouthy for her own good. She needs to be taken down a few pegs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:59 pm

Looks real cool, but like alot of you guys have already stated, I have almost (about 90%) all of this stuff already. I like the way it seems to be perfectly chronological though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:10 pm

Seems like an ok collection, i trust Rhino to put together good compilations but if I was going to purchase a rhino boxset right now it would be the 70's punk one or the 50's rockabilly.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Sweet!!

Got one in the mail today!! My connection at Rhino sent me one!! Free is good. Along with a copy of Twisted Sisters A Twisted Christmas Live dvd. My week just got a little better (LOUDER too!!)
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:15 pm

looks like a cool package but i would rather spend my money on other albums by other bands (interpret nightwish) than some boxset

still it could be a good introduvtion to new bands
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:03 pm

I saw the boxset at Best Buy very nice boxset but to pricey for me!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:08 pm

how much is it?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:33 pm

mc666 wrote:
yeah of the stuff featured that i like, i already have the originals.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:35 pm

I find it pretty sad that a compilation box set has its own myspace.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:38 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I find it pretty sad that a compilation box set has its own myspace.

that is pretty sad lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy metal box from Rhino!   Heavy metal box from Rhino! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy metal box from Rhino!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next