Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED

Go down 
+12
ResedaCountryClub
mikeinfla
assault_attack
Witchfinder
bass63
DeathCult
manny
Glower
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
brokentulsa
16 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Empty
PostSubject: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 4:09 pm

So as I was listening to this album today (one I haven't played in months) I found that it is really agreat album...deffinitly up there with Head Hunter in my opinion..what do you guys think...It has some great rockers, some AOR tracks and a great redo of their song Winning Man from the hardware album....

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Well below-average Krokus album. I would call it their "Destiny" or "Turbo".
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Hmm..Turbo is my favorite Judas Priest album..I guess I am just a big hair 80s guru Razz
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 9:04 am

I bought Heart Attack recently, along with the rest of Krokus' 80s discography. I think it's great (I also love Turbo, though. Heh...though I don't think this has much in common with Turbo, soundwise. But if he means an attempt at the more commercial sound of the day, I get that).

I also like Change of Address, which I recently saw getting a lot of hate in the vinyl collector thread. I don't really see the huge difference between their highly regarded albums and CoA/HA...sure there is a difference, but not that big of a difference.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Not bad. Not a big fan of krokus. Only cd I really enjoy is headhunter.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3170

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:15 am

Nothing - could touch Headhunter -
THAT was their Appetite For Destruction -
Wild Love - Let It Go and AXX attack are very good, in my oppinion -
Spped up - is cool too -NEVER liked Flyin' High lyrics
With that said, I suppose this is their 2nd best release.
Dee Sider - in his book HATED these mofo's -
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:01 pm

I like 'Heart Attack' it was a return to their hard rocking metallic roots unlike that godawful 'Change of Address' and honestly outside of a couple of tunes, I did not care for 'The Blitz' either.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Heart Attack is one of the few albums I actually like by them. Some good songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:29 pm

Great album by Krokus. I won a Heart Attack hat through R.I.P magazine when this album came out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 3:52 pm

So, no one else thinks this was a mid-80's over-polished cashgrab? And for the record? Turbo is also my fav JP album. But it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 3:54 pm

And if you think Heart Attack is superior to Hardware, Metal Rendezvous, or Headhunter? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 4:34 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
So, no one else thinks this was a mid-80's over-polished cashgrab?  And for the record?  Turbo is also my fav JP album.  But it is what it is.

Of course it's not a mid-80s over-polished cash grab. It isn't that because it's actually a late-80s over-polished cash grab - it came out in 1988. Change of Address was their mid-80s over-polished cash grab. Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:02 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I bought Heart Attack recently, along with the rest of Krokus' 80s discography. I think it's great (I also love Turbo, though. Heh...though I don't think this has much in common with Turbo, soundwise. But if he means an attempt at the more commercial sound of the day, I get that)..

For me Headhunter was the one.  But I really liked Heart Attack.  My girlfriend in the 80's played this and Turbo all the time when they came out. She was a huge scorpions fan also. I think they did cross over enough so the lady's did like them.

I's a fine line you know, piss off the old fans (The dudes) but maybe sell more records because the ladies like it. That is what the labels wanted & MTV airplay.

Look at Whitesnake & older dirty blues based rock band that cashed in more then anybody.

Some bands never bothered like UFO (One of my favorite bands ever ) & still to this day are more of a cult band.

Y&T tried but never quite made it as big as they should have, imho. I do not like the song "Summer time girls" but that is the song that put on the map especially with the girls.

Just my 2 cents

NP Level 10 - Chapter One
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 am

Witchfinder wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
So, no one else thinks this was a mid-80's over-polished cashgrab?  And for the record?  Turbo is also my fav JP album.  But it is what it is.

Of course it's not a mid-80s over-polished cash grab.  It isn't that because it's actually a late-80s over-polished cash grab - it came out in 1988.  Change of Address was their mid-80s over-polished cash grab.  Laughing

Yer killing me.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:38 am

I dunno, after hearing Dirty Dynamite I have trouble listening to anything between it and Headhunter. I love Dirty Dynamite, excellent album and after hearing it a lot of the 80's stuff sounds like a big miss.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:08 am

Quote :
And if you think Heart Attack is superior to Hardware, Metal Rendezvous, or Headhunter? Seriously?

I couldn't stand Metal Rendezvous...hardware is a good album but it was a different time in history and for the time it was a good album (I had it on 8Track and then Vinyl)....Head Hunter is a fantastic album and not better than heart Attack but I think both are on the same level...You guys call it a cash grab but by the mid to late 80s the sound was changing and bands like krokus, Y&T and whitesnake changed with the times...Actually alot of bands changed to the more polished sound because it was what was popular, sold records, made money and created huge fan bases....by this time the stripped down metal was kinda over...
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Heart Attack is when I lost interest in Krokus back then. That being said, I've liked the latest Krokus albums with the classic line-up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 2:17 am

Good songs, Heartattaack is an awesome album too I am like Korkus as a band.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:04 pm

A very good album, not better than the early 80's classics, but still gets spins from me on a regular basis and a few tunes like Axx Attack and Winning Man making onto mixes for the car.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 11:14 am

For what it's worth, none of the tracks on Heart Attack appear on the band's "definitive collection" cd I have or on their other "Best of" collection. That speaks volumes about the quality of that album to me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 5:19 pm

I picked up a used copy of "Heart Attack" some time ago and I actually kinda dug it, even tho the first song is a totally blatant steal from Def Leppard's "Rock Rock (Till You Drop)."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 am

Funny you mention Def Lep I think that "Winning Man" track above sounds like Def Lep.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Funny you mention Def Lep I think that "Winning Man" track above sounds like Def Lep.

You can pretty much divide Krokus' 80s catalog up in lto three eras:

Ripping off AC/DC ("Metal Rendezvous" thru "One Vice at a Time")

Ripping off Judas Priest ("Headhunter")

Ripping off Def Leppard ("The Blitz" thru "Heart Attack")

Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED   KROKUS   HEART ATTACK REVISITED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KROKUS HEART ATTACK REVISITED
Page 1 of 1