Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune

Go down 
+13
Spiner202
Big Rich
Fat Freddy
Lari
Gilbert
Witchfinder
the sentinel
Wurthless
Glower
nevermore
Required Fields
James B.
17 posters

1. "Power of the Night"
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_lcap58%Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_rcap
 58% [ 11 ]
2. "Unusual"
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_lcap11%Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
3. "Warriors"
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_lcap5%Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
4. "Necrophilia"
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_lcap0%Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5. "Washed Out"
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_lcap5%Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
6. "Hard for Love"
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_lcap11%Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
7. "Fountain of Youth"
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_lcap10%Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
8. "Skull Session"
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_lcap0%Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
9. "Stuck on You"
 0% [ 0 ]
10. "In the Dream"
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Empty
PostSubject: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Savatage- Power Of The Night
1986 Atlantic Records
Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune 220px-Power_of_the_Night

Released May 20, 1986
Recorded Bearsville Studios, Bearsville, New York
Produced by Max Norman

1. "Power of the Night"
2. "Unusual"
3. "Warriors"
4. "Necrophilia"
5. "Washed Out"  
6. "Hard for Love"
7. "Fountain of Youth"  
8. "Skull Session"  
9. "Stuck on You"
10. "In the Dream"

1997 Edel Music CD reissue Bonus Track
"Sleep" (Piano Version)
2002 SPV CD reissue Bonus Tracks
"Power Of The Night" (LIVE)
"Sirens" (LIVE)
2011 EarMusic CD reissue Bonus Tracks
"City Beneath The Surface" (LIVE)
"Hounds" (LIVE)

Again the poll is for the original vinyl release.   Don't have the reissues, nor care to for live versions or alternate versions of songs mostly from another time frame, especially "sleep" from what 7 years later. surprised

I was all over this as a new release while living in Arlington, Texas.  Always dug on the intro before the title track, Billy Thorpe-ish? Jon's delivery is awesome, killer leads, the over production bleeds the balls from some tunes, and of course it's "inuendo"  galore. "In The Dream" has sentimental value, but my vote is for the title track.

Until next time...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 6:50 pm

The title track, followed by "Warriors".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 7:45 pm

The title track gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 9:04 pm

One of my 80’s concert going highlights -
was being at a 500 person club - packed - Tuesday - midnight -
Savatage comes out and plays Power of the Night - I’m around 21 years old.
I’ll never forget that moment - lol
I picked Hard for your Love - love the riff - vocals - my favorite song by them !
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 pm

Fountain of Youth is my pick. One of my fav Savatage songs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 10:16 pm

I love this whole friggin' album; even the really cheesy tracks like "hard for Love" and "Skull Session" cuz they still rock. I went for the title track cuz I love the long intro as it's just so feckin' 1980's, man. It always reminds me of the Terminator. "Warriors" is a very close second, though. This one needs a "picture disc" vinyl release.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 10:26 pm

"Unusual" for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 10:57 pm

Power of the night. One of my favourite Savatage tunes ever. Also love the cover by Tad Morose. Brutal!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39584

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 5:52 am

The title track for me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 am

RAISE THE FIST OF THE METAL CHILD!

Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 10:21 am

Title track, followed by "Washed Out"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 7:17 pm

nevermore wrote:
The title track gets my vote.

Same here, but Hard For Love is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Title track is just too good. Should be a thread about the 2nd favourite song instead. That would be more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Title track is one of the best metal songs ever released.
Would rank it in my top 10 metal tunes.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Glad to see some appreciation for Hard For Love. Easily my favourite track from this album!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Fountain Of Youth because that's where you might find the truth. Sure, it will put your head in a rush and of course the science is working on us.

Followed by the title track, Hard For Your Love (lyrics aside), the ballad In The Dream, and Unusual.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Warriors!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Warriors!

Another good one!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:43 pm

Unusual
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 2:06 am

I do not have that one...
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 7:39 pm

assault_attack wrote:
I do not have that one...

Betterget on it.

This poll is a massive blowout. As it should be. One of the best songs they ever wrote.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 1:29 am

Huge fan of " Sirens" & "The Dungeons are Calling" But I totally missed out on "Power Of The Night"

Just ordered, I know I will like this....
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:33 pm

assault_attack wrote:
Huge fan of " Sirens" & "The Dungeons are Calling" But I totally missed out on "Power Of The Night"

Just ordered, I know I will like this....
Oh wow, let us know how you like it. When that first tune kicks in, it's heavy metal bliss!

Production is better than on the first two albums, but it's not that different in style. (I do prefer the first two overall, but there's some amazong highlights on the Power of the Night). It's nothing like Fight for the Rock, that's for sure. That was the big sellout record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Power Of The Night Best/Favorite Tune   Savatage- Power Of The Night   Best/Favorite Tune Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: