Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
Mglaffas81
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Empty
PostSubject: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:43 am

We are in a head-banging mood...we kick back, and watch Motorhead blast out "Overkill" at the Hammersmith Odeon, threw their endless piles and stacks of Marshall Amps ....OH YEAH, BABY! 🤘

But, why is it that this landmark amp was the best and mandatory amplifier for a kick-ass heavy band?

Let's discuss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:47 am

The same reason everyone smokes Marlboro cigarettes and eats at McDonald's. Humans like to belong to something and tend to flock to a popular place or thing because of the name brand.

Tide doesn't wash your clothes any better than Wisk and Marshall doesn't sound any better than Crate, Fender or Behringer.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:49 am

spectrefate wrote:
The same reason everyone smokes Marlboro cigarettes and eats at McDonald's. Humans like to belong to something and tend to flock to a popular place or thing because of the name brand.

Tide doesn't wash your clothes any better than Wisk and Marshall doesn't sound any better than Crate, Fender or Behringer.

My thoughts exactly! Which is why I started up this thread, to see what others thought.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:52 am

its all about brand association - marshall is seens as a good band so it attracts buyers

is there a better type of amp. i need a new guiyar amplifier any recommendations
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:53 am

In the beginning, Black Sabbath used Orange and SUNN amps. You'd think that those two would be huge today considering Sabbath's influence. Do they even make either of those brands anymore?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:57 am

if they do i want one
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:39 pm

At the time in the sixties there were no big amps around...Fender and VOX were the main amps around at that time...All combo amps...Because bands like the Beatles and Stones were playing such large places with no sound systems like today. There was a need for larger and more powerful amps...Marshall was a stero company at first. Then they started to build amps... In the end Marshall amps had the better pre amp, and better tone at loud valumes...
Bottom line...Everyone saw Hendeix use them, and everyone wanted to sound like Hendrix...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:57 pm

its just trendy. when people are looking to upgrade their crappy practice amp, they'll get marshall because everybody uses them. slash, kerry king, kk downing, dave murray etc etc etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:50 am

in my expirience with my friends' amps and such, they prefer mesa boogie to marshall.

As a bass player, I use the father of all bass amps - Ampeg
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:22 am

TheGooch wrote:

is there a better type of amp. i need a new guiyar amplifier any recommendations

i use line 6 AMPS ... I think they're pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music   Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marshall Amplifiers - the god fathers of heavy music
Page 1 of 1