Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marshall Law

Go down 
+3
Lari
krokus
Metallic Blaze
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:10 am

I see Amazon will rerelease the S/T in June. This is one of the biggest overlooked bands out there but if you like 80's power metal you should check them out. The sound gets compared to Priest at times and I hear a NWOBHM influence but I also hear some Fifth Angel. Troo metal.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:21 am

Sounds like something I'd like. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:09 am

I love their debut album, have it on vinyl. Their second album was good too, but their first is the best by MARSHALL LAW in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6340

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:56 am

The only one I have is Razorhead and I love it. Angry classic metal. Makes me think of Judas Priest's Jugulator.

I should really get some more.
Back to top Go down

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah, Razorhead is very aggressive. I think with the right push they would've been much bigger, akin to Metal Church.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9890

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:27 pm

Why are they called the poor man's judas priest?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37662

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Why are they called the poor man's judas priest?

They're from the same area of England as Priest, and just happen to sound remarkably like them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:53 pm

They sound better then the last Priest outing and I hear a lot more then just Priest.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39681

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Heard of them but never actually heard them. Sounds like something I'd like so it's time to add them to the ever growing list.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25924

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:19 pm

007 wrote:
Heard of them but never actually heard them.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:25 pm

007 wrote:
Heard of them but never actually heard them. Sounds like something I'd like so it's time to add them to the ever growing list.

I hear you. I have literally hundreds of albums on my list. Sadly, I will never probably be able to acquire them all. Just way too many albums out there.

My wife allows me a pretty generous budget weekly. Even with that - I can't attain it all.

Oh well ... I guess I need to learn to not be so greedy.
Back to top Go down

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Here, listen to Razorhead and I bet you put them near the top of the list.

http://www.myspace.com/marshalllawofficial
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Together with Blaze's The Man Who Would Not Die, Razorhead was my favourite 2008 release.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39681

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
007 wrote:

I hear you. I have literally hundreds of albums on my list. Sadly, I will never probably be able to acquire them all. Just way too many albums out there.

My wife allows me a pretty generous budget weekly. Even with that - I can't attain it all.

Oh well ... I guess I need to learn to not be so greedy.

It's funny,I used to be able to get a nice amount of cds monthly but a couple years back I had to take a new job with a pay cut and money's been tight .So I can't get anywhere near what I used to.It was hard keeping up before now it's nearly impossible. I still need to get Overkill's Ironbound yet.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:51 pm

LOL I still don't have the new Overkill either.

Heck, I've only purchased one 2010 album this year so far (the new Freedom Call).

My thing isn't so much that I can't afford to buy more ... but that it just isn't wise to buy more. I'd rather invest my money to be honest.

After all, I do have nearly 1,000 cds. That's a lot. I have probably 100 cds that I haven't even heard yet! I'm still catching up on 2009 albums that I already bought! LOLz.

My fun money is what I use to buy CDs with. I also gamble with it too!

There is no need to spend more than is necessary on fun. I try to tell my friends this all the time. Then they wonder why they don't have money! LOLz.

Marshall Law Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 4:53 pm

I bought their 2002 compilation Power Crazy. It was much cheaper and easier to find than getting all the other Marshall Law CDs.

Razorhead is still the only album I have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marshall Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marshall Law   Marshall Law Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marshall Law
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: