Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Type O Negative any good?

Go down 
+15
DallasBlack
stormspell
metalhead777
Smindas
manny
mc666
Lari
brokentulsa
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Glower
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
fingers
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Type O Negative any good? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative any good?   Type O Negative any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Type O Negative will always occupy a soft and yet blackened part of my heart simply because my Dad got me into Bloody Kisses and October Rust in my teens. Those two really were the pinnacle for my money, BUT they did hit a pretty ok mark with Life is Killing Me. That one summed up a lot of what I liked about them and signalled a return of the humor that was sorely lacking in World Coming Down.

My jury's still out on Dead Again, which was thrashier, but didn't seem to go anywhere outside of September Sun. I was really hopeful that the follow-up was really going to be a return to form, but we'll never know at this point. Sad too, as I'm sure Pete's perspectives and lyrics would have been vastly different given his new sobriety and born-again status.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative any good?   Type O Negative any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Just stick with Carnivore, unless you're a big girl that can't stomach the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative any good?   Type O Negative any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Carnivore's good too, but they scratch a different itch altogether.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative any good?   Type O Negative any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Glower wrote:
Did Peter really do a male nude photo shoot for a X-rated magazine ?

Yes. I had that issue of Playgirl when I was in college. Actually, it wasn't the original issue, but one that was kind of a "best of" compilation and he was featured in all his glory, LOL. I had never heard of him or his band before.

The first time I heard Type O Negative was as a soundtrack to a DVD release of Nosferatu. I thought the music was incredible and fit the movie so well. Most of the songs came from October Rust, and it is now one of my all-time favorite albums. I always think of the movie when I hear the music and, the music helped me become such a fan of Nosferatu, I ended up studying the actor who played Hutter and created a tribute website for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative any good?   Type O Negative any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type O Negative any good?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: