Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"

Go down 
+12
80s Metal Lady
Red Kitty
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
Boris2008
choosemetal
Required Fields
Lari
chewie
Nomadic Drifter
Witchfinder
James B.
16 posters

Motorcycle Man
Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_lcap24%Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Stand Up And Be Counted
Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_lcap0%Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
747 (Strangers In The Night)
Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_lcap53%Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Wheels Of Steel
Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_lcap6%Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Freeway Mad
Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_lcap0%Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
See The Light Shining
Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_lcap6%Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Street Fighting Man
 0% [ 0 ]
Suzie Hold On
 0% [ 0 ]
Machine Gub
Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_lcap11%Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Empty
PostSubject: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:14 am

They kicked things up a notch over the debut (IMHO)

The title track has been a long time favorite, but the opener is the cat's meow for me. "Motorcycle Man" for the win headbanger

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:28 am

747 (Strangers In The Night) for me. This album is much better than their debut.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:48 am

Witchfinder wrote:
747 (Strangers In The Night) for me.  This album is much better than their debut.

That's a well written song.

It sucks that the thread on the debut had 14 responses and 17 votes. But a thread about Geoff Tate and his antics has pages and pages. Thought this was a metal discussion board surprised Either we have too many girly-men thriving on drama or my posts are blocked by a lot of people on the board Laughing very hard

Metal novice
Metal novice
Nomadic Drifter

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 am

Do not stop me, do not try.............

My vote, obviously for track 1.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 12:13 pm

747(Strangers in the Night)
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Can't go wrong with any of these songs. The album is a metal masterpiece.

I semi-randomly picked See the Light Shining because it's always been a big personal favourite, and I find it an underrated song among fans.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
747 (Strangers In The Night) for me.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 12:03 am

Machine Gun

Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 1:06 am

747(Strangers in the Night) is my favorite Saxon song full stop so this is easy.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 3:30 am

Lari wrote:
Can't go wrong with any of these songs. The album is a metal masterpiece.

True that!!!

My pick is 747 (Strangers In The Night)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:14 am

Motorcylce Man

Never heard the full album, but that song was the first one I ever heard from the band. It was on a NWOBHM comp.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 3:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Motorcylce Man

Never heard the full album, but that song was the first one I ever heard from the band. It was on a NWOBHM comp.

Definitely a great song.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:10 pm

Machine Gun!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 11:50 pm

I'm with the majority on this one: "747 (Strangers In The Night)"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 pm

747 (Strangers in the Night) just has this unique vibe to it. Hard to pin down, but that's just the "Saxon sound" to me.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Motorcycle Man!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 10:49 am

There isn't a bad tune on this album. As much as I really like "747", I'm going to go with the title track, with "See the Light Shining", just behind it. Those three tunes are all incredible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel"   Favorite track from Saxon's "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1