Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"

Go down 
+4
krokus
candlemass
caniplaywithmadness?
stepcousin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Empty
PostSubject: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:14 pm

Back in the day I had "Power And The Glory" and I heard "Denim and Leather" about 5 or 6 times. I was told and believed that POTG was their best album, it has such a great guitar sound and it seemed it was their last great album.
Well, the other day I heard "Wheels Of Steel" for the first time. (yeah, I know. you cant call yourself a longtime fan of NWOBHM and not have heard this album:oops: ). Well even after one listen, Im convinced that this has got to be their best work ever. Every song is galls to the wall hard rock/heavy metal. I was blown away as to how good this album is. "Strong Arm" is great as well.

Am I trippin' or is WOS really this good?
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:39 am

their best is usually a toss up between strong arm, wheels or denim. my favourite is probably denim and leather but it changes on a weekly basis nearly lol. wheels of steel really is 'that good' to answer your question tho
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 2:00 pm

I like "Lion Heart" the best, overall, not a filler on that LP! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:39 pm

stepcousin wrote:
Back in the day I had "Power And The Glory" and I heard "Denim and Leather" about 5 or 6 times. I was told and believed that POTG was their best album, it has such a great guitar sound and it seemed it was their last great album.
Well, the other day I heard "Wheels Of Steel" for the first time. (yeah, I know. you cant call yourself a longtime fan of NWOBHM and not have heard this album:oops: ). Well even after one listen, Im convinced that this has got to be their best work ever. Every song is galls to the wall hard rock/heavy metal. I was blown away as to how good this album is. "Strong Arm" is great as well.

Am I trippin' or is WOS really this good?

No...you're not trippin' bro "Wheels Of Steel" as you've now heard absolutely freaking cranks! That album is without a doubt essential for every hard rock/metal fan.Love the Saxon double disc that contains W.O.S/STRONG ARM (highly recommended) .There was something special about that Byford/Oliver/Quinn/Dawson/Gill line-up.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:45 pm

I love all the SAXON albums, from the first till the last but yes, WHEELS OF STEEL is one of their best. I think DENIM & LEATHER is a little better but WOS is great. LA GUNS did a great cover of the song WHEELS OF STEEL some time ago (its on their RIPS THE COVERS OFF).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:33 pm

I like the entire Saxon catalog, but you can't go wrong with Wheels of Steel, Denim & Leather, Strong Arm of the Law, Crusader, or Power and the Glory. Even Innocence Has No Excuse is a great album IMO.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:05 pm

They're ok.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:04 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
They're ok.

:metal:
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:48 am

i love only WHEELS OF STEEL and was 1st song from Saxon and last. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:49 am

candlemass wrote:
I like "Lion Heart" the best, overall, not a filler on that LP! 🤘

Agreed! I only have a few Saxon albums but LIONHEART is a MUTHA!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Listening to this one now. Its pretty awesome when you revisit something like this after awhile. There isn't a turd on this baby.

It's a turdless baby.

Yep, I just coined that.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 1:03 am

WOS is absolutely fantastic... from 'Freeway Mad', 'Street Fighting Gang', 'Motorcycle Man' and 'Machine Gun'.... she's got Wheels, Wheels of STEEL

The first Saxon disc I'd ever heard was 'The Eagle Has Landed' live.... It was 1983. My friend Mark had bought it at Warped Records. The next day or so he ended up on music restriction for a week or so Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" 927150 . I asked 'hey dude, can I borrow this.' he said "Yea no prob..."

IT BLEW MY MIND.........

listening to music 🤘 🤘 listening to music affraid

it was a mad scramble of allowances to get my own and buy up the rest.... Strong Arm ended up being my favorite..
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"   Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saxon "Wheels Of Steel"
Page 1 of 1