Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019

Go down 
+11
martinsane
Citanul
manny
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
GrandNational
thejokeriv
Lari
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39582

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:07 am

^^ I like the sound of that. I hope they'll be able to improve on the last 2 films that starred Andrew Garfield. There was something about those that I didn't like. Can't quite put my finger on it though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:53 am

Yay! Spidey's entry into the M.C.U. is long overdue.  Sony's first two Spidey movies were fantastic, but they've done nothing but drop the ball repeatedly since then.

Who wants to take bets that the Fantastic Four will be joining him at Marvel Studios as soon as the new FF movie tanks?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:18 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 20th Century Fox to head to the negotiations table for a similar cross-studio production.

Sony needed this deal badly because the only superhero they have the rights to is Spider-Man and his assorted villains. They had nothing to build a "universe" upon, getting back together with Marvel gives new creative opportunities for the character and of course reduces risks as the production cost will be shared across two studios.

Fox on the other hand not only owns Fantastic Four but also the entire X-Men pantheon of characters and the rights to the term "mutants". They have plenty of characters to choose from and could also produce more spin-off movies. Even if the FF reboot doesn't work out well they could always crossover with X-Men later. The last X-Men movie made a pile of money, so Fox really has no incentive to share those profits with another studio.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:57 pm

I think its cool that Sony made a deal with Marvel, but they should retain Andrew Garfield, I think he made a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man and they should use Sally Field more often in the Spidey movies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:33 pm

The universe so far in the Sony Spider-Man movies doesn't exist in the same reality as the Avengers films, which means they will most likely have to reboot the character again to bring him into the Marvel fold and sync up with The Avengers. My guess is they will introduce Spidey in a cameo appearance in an upcoming Marvel film (possibly the next Captain America movie) which will then lead to his own standalone film. They aren't going to be dumb enough to do yet another origin story film for the character because we've already seen that shit twice in the past 15 years.

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:58 pm

007 wrote:
^^ I like the sound of that. I hope they'll be able to improve on the last 2 films that starred Andrew Garfield. There was something about those that I didn't like. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

For me, they felt like cheap TV-movies.

Not to mention the lack of Tobey Maguire and Danny Elfman's iconic score.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Cheap TV movies that cost $175 million each?
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
Cheap TV movies that cost $175 million each?  

Hence my use of "felt." That big stupid CGI Lizard didn't do it any favors either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3