Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I gotta have my dose of metal...

Go down 
+13
kmorg
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
mc666
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Shiney
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I gotta have my dose of metal... Empty
PostSubject: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Or I just can't get going in the morning. Without my vitamin "M", I can't get cranked up!

Now, my question to you is:

Can this be a real, actual physical/pyschological addiction - or - Is
this just a habit that has been formed over such a long period of time
and can be broken - or - am I truly just a total poser who thinks I am
so much more METAL than anyone else by making a silly post like this (I
did not make this a poll, as we all know how it would turn out)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:12 pm

If you need this the morning it's great! Some people need coffee. We just need Metal.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:19 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Or I just can't get going in the morning. Without my vitamin "M", I can't get cranked up!

Steven Tyler once said that music is the most powerful drug in the whole world and I for one believe him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:27 pm

It's on with me first thing! I don't watch the news, I just crank!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:41 pm

The morning when I'm going to school it's Metallica and Megadeth yeah! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:46 pm

As soon as I get in the car to go to work,bam in goes the cd to jam on the way.As soon as I get home...turn on the stereo.
Yep,its truly an addiction!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:49 pm

At 2am....driving an hour to the job...Metal is necessary thing!!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:26 pm

We're all here because, admit it, we're all a bit crazy. I mean, how many people have a notebook of over 1000 albums listed on his want list and goes through it everyday to see which ones to purchase each month. Ya, we're all looney for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:29 pm

We're in a religious group! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:30 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

When the music isn't playing, the brain isn't working. Haha. Music is a conduit, I think, for many people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:32 pm

GrandNational wrote:
We're all here because, admit it, we're all a bit crazy. I mean, how many people have a notebook of over 1000 albums listed on his want list and goes through it everyday to see which ones to purchase each month. Ya, we're all looney for sure.
There is something a bit crazy about it all, huh? I mean, if we live until we're 100, what the hell are we going to do with all this stuff we've acquired? Haha. I mean, our collections are basically worthless to 90% of the human population! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:33 pm

I gotta have my metal playin in the car on the way to work, all day at my desk at work, and in the car again on my way home from work.
I thought it was just me till I joined this board and met all you other lovely people with the same addiction!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I gotta have my metal playin in the car on the way to work, all day at my desk at work, and in the car again on my way home from work.
I thought it was just me till I joined this board and met all you other lovely people with the same addiction!! 🤘

Don't worry FF, I am with you. My co workers look at me as the unfortunate child that never grew up when they walk in my office and hear me playing something like Dark Angel. It just isn't for everyone to understand. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:50 pm

Uncle Sax,

I really think it can be called an actual addiction or obsession. Not making of light of it, but part of my therapy with my psychiatrist is to get over my obsession of buying CDs, so there are actual cases of this kind of thing being clinical and I am one of them. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:03 pm

Quote :
part of my therapy with my psychiatrist is to get over my obsession of buying CDs

You need a new therapist, bro!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
There is something a bit crazy about it all, huh? I mean, if we live until we're 100, what the hell are we going to do with all this stuff we've acquired? Haha. I mean, our collections are basically worthless to 90% of the human population! Laughing

But if the other 90% figured us out, we would seem normal Laughing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:06 pm

Quote :
I mean, our collections are basically worthless to 90% of the human population!

So true...and a very conservative estimate!

Man,

I'm with you guys! I can't tell you how many times at work I have
to fend off some idiotic nonsense comment from co-workers. It gets old sometimes but I just let them wallow in their ignorance!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:23 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

probably the latter

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:26 am

I knew I could count on ya!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 1:00 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I knew I could count on ya!
if not me, then who else?

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 1:59 am

It's a legitimate Jones. Oh yes. I found that out when I went camping in the Boundary Waters (wilderness area). Screw that!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 6:32 am

I spend over 2 hours a day on a train going to and from uni, and i actually look forward to these long hauls on the train cause i can listen to my ipod crammed full of metal. If that doesn't show how crazy an obsession it is to listen to metal i don't know what is.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 6:59 am

🤘 forever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:40 am

BANG YOUR HEAD ! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 10:12 am

Can you think of any other musical genre that garners such obsession with it's fans? The only one that pops to mind is perhaps jazz. I've heard of guys going to great lengths to find obscure jazz recordings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I gotta have my dose of metal...   I gotta have my dose of metal... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I gotta have my dose of metal...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next