Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black

Go down 
+11
DeathCult
Lurideath
AutumnShantel
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Troublezone
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
deathisgain
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Eric is one of my all-time favorite vocalists. Plus Jeff Olsen was so key to the sound of Trouble's early albums.

I really didn't like the last Trouble record, I disliked the vocalist and it was just too much straight-ahead metal and not nearly enough of the psychedelic-tinged doom of their early records. I became a fan of Trouble because of Psalm 9, The Skull and Run To The Light. This record is the closest thing they've done to that.

I still have lots of respect for Franklin/Wartell and hope they continue to have success with their new lineup, it's just not my cup of joe.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 1:49 am

I thought I was in a minority in not liking the Trouble record, I thought it was dull.

This on the other hand kicks all kinds of ass, definite purchase.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 2:48 am

I like the last Trouble album and this one. I have no need to compare.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:08 pm

The last song, 10. The Last Judgment is a Trouble cover
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 2:54 pm

So they are doing a small tour next month and the first date is Pittsburgh. I am thinking I will go to this one.

Dec 11 31st Street Pub Pittsburgh, PA
Dec 12 Metro Gallery Baltimore, MD
Dec 13 The Foundry Lakewood, OH
Dec 14 Rockstar Pro Arena w/ wretch Dayton, OH
Dec 15 The 5th Quarter Lounge Indianapolis, IN
Dec 17 Fubar St Louis, MO
Dec 18 Brauer House Lombard, IL
Dec 19 Reggies Rock Club w/ Mount Salem Chicago, IL
Dec 20 Metal Grill Cudahy, WI
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:13 pm

I would definitely go see them, hopefully they will make it to Los Angeles at some point in the near future.
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 8:22 pm

I get to see them in Cleveland next month. This year I'll have seen Trouble, Blackfinger and the Skull at the Foundry... pretty cool considering it takes less than an hour to get there for me!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 12:26 pm

My copy finally came in yesterday and I can't stop playing it. It was that last thing I spun when I left work last night and it's been on constant rotation since about 10:00 this morning.

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 1:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
My copy finally came in yesterday and I can't stop playing it. It was that last thing I spun when I left work last night and it's been on constant rotation since about 10:00 this morning.

Yeah, it's a really good album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 11:46 am

The Skull has a new 5 song ep available...

http://teepeerecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-skull-the-skull-cd-ep

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Skull_1024x1024

I tried to decipher the poorly worded press release and I think this is the track listing...

The Skull ep
1. The Longing (new song)
2. The Skull (Trouble cover)
3. Till the Sun Turns Black (live)
4. For Those Which Are Asleep (live)
5. A New Generation (single from the album)

Not sure what the point of putting a song (track 5) from the previous album on there, but whatever. It's only $5 for those interested.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:18 pm

I got it on order. It's $10 with S&H, though. =(
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Skull has a new 5 song ep available...

http://teepeerecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-skull-the-skull-cd-ep

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Skull_1024x1024

I tried to decipher the poorly worded press release and I think this is the track listing...

The Skull ep
1. The Longing (new song)
2. The Skull (Trouble cover)
3. Till the Sun Turns Black (live)
4. For Those Which Are Asleep (live)
5. A New Generation (single from the album)

Not sure what the point of putting a song (track 5) from the previous album on there, but whatever. It's only $5 for those interested.

I#m going to pick this up on vinyl but I'm waiting till I can get a proper order together for Svart (postage for one disc from Finland can be pricey)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:50 pm

Boy, Tee Pee Records sure did splurge on the packaging for this EP. It's literally just a CD in a 4-panel booklet in a shitty plastic sleeve. I know it was cheap, but damn, add $1 to the price and put the damn thing in a cardboard sleeve!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 2:15 pm

S.D. wrote:
The swing is courtesy of Mr Jeff Olsen on drums, a player that actually understands swing and how to apply it in heavy music.  

Something Bill Ward understood and applied long before...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 2:16 pm

mc666 wrote:
I like the last Trouble so much better myself. Eric Wagner was always the weakest part of Trouble for me. Never cared for his voice.

Shocked insane growl The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 352445
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black   The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Skull - Till the Sun Turns Black
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2