Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?

Go down 
+14
Glower
corplhicks
stormspell
Thelemech
Short-Fuse
Shawn Of Fire
Lurideath
mc666
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Boris2008
choosemetal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 1:34 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
Never could get into these guys, and I definitely don't find them to be in any way consistent. Like most other thrash metal bands, you can't go wrong with their first 4 releases. As for modern Destruction, "The Antichrist," and "Day of Reckoning" are the only 2 albums worth a damn.

Oh, be sure to check out "Release from Agony." Schmier does his best impressions of Cow from "Cow and Chicken."
I quite like their 1980s catalog, but I always found Mad Butcher to be a pretty overrated EP; two pseudo-thrash metal songs, an OK Plasmatics cover, and a slightly inferior re-recording of the original "Mad Butcher" song.

Release from Agony is probably much better than Eternal Devastation -- in a way that it feels more like a focused Destruction album. There are also a few proto-death metal elements thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 2:16 pm

I have acquired some Destruction albums during the last few years and I have found most of their songs to be quite enjoyable. I was lucky to catch them live a few days ago and even meet them. Great guys and the live set they played was excellent. After such good experience, i couldn't but regain interest in their music. Today, i ordered release from agony and cracked brain headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 pm

"Cracked Brain" is excellent IMHO! Great musicianship and catchy.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Because a label recently re-released it I gave The Least Successful Human Cannonball a listen to see if it was worth picking up.

It sucks! Really really sucks!!!! sick

The 90's was a very strange time in metal!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 12:02 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Because a label recently re-released it I gave The Least Successful Human Cannonball a listen to see if it was worth picking up.

It sucks! Really really sucks!!!!  sick

Yeah man i agree about the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 7:41 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
"Cracked Brain" is excellent IMHO!  Great musicianship and catchy.

I'm bidding on a copy of this on EBay.

Boris2008 wrote:

It sucks! Really really sucks!!!!  sick

I've read nothing but horrible reviews of this. I'd still probably pick it up just put of morbid curiosity.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 11:56 pm

All I have are Eternal Devastation which was very good, and Inventor Of Evil which was not as good, but pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 am

I lost out on that copy of Cracked Brain. I'll just have to try again.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 6:39 pm

007 wrote:
I lost out on that copy of Cracked Brain. I'll just have to try again.

I've had the same thing with the vinyl. I've bid on it a few times but always miss out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 6:05 am

I just ordered Release from Agony and Cracked Brain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?   So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So.. Destruction. A band that is consistent. But are they consistently good?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: