Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?

Go down 
+13
Thrasher73
Nomadic Drifter
asgard1980
Runicen
chewie
Lari
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
manny
MetalGuy71
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Right now; I am currently listening to Decapitated - The Negation on CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 6:21 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I'm always into new music whether it be a band I've loved for years or a newer band.I know what you mean about people like that though,they are usually just casual music fans or whatnot.Not really music addicts like most of us here.Haha.

Anyway,the trouble I have with most of my coworkers is they only listen to country.

Sounds like you need to find a new job haha!

A lot of my co workers listen to country too. One of the guys is kind of new listening to country. It was weird when I used to hear him playing Pantera or Metallica then one day he's all about country. I was like what the hell!?  lol! 

And all this new country is like Pop not country, but thats a whole other topic on an whole other forum  lol! 

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
As far as actual listening goes I have a dedicated hour each morning and evening to listen to music uninterrupted.  No cell phone, no surfing the internet, no TV turned on.  Just me and my comfortable chair in my home studio.  I get up in the morning, make coffee and then head off to the music room for an hour, it gets my mind working.  Then in the evening when I get home I go listen for another hour to unwind from the stresses of the day.  It's the closest thing to meditation for me.  

As for new music I tend to buy new releases from bands I already know. I will admit to being rather behind the times on a lot of newer bands though occasionally I'll check out recommendations from friends or from internet discussion boards.  I should check out more but don't always have the time.  Working TV production and raising a teenage daughter by myself takes up a lot of my available time.

Thats actually a good idea. Its hard for me to do that around here lately. With work going on around the house people are always in and out. I do try to listen when no one is around tho but I usually have to be doing something while I listen. I used to be able to play video games and listen to music but my new receiver doesn't work like my old one did so I can only do either or.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 5:47 pm

I have satellite on at work (Hair Guitar and Classic Rock Workout), a six disc changer in the car, a stereo in the basement gym of my home and about 2000 hours worth of hard rock and heavy metal that plays all night. Although, I will have to get a pair of wireless head phones soon for when me and my fiancé move into our house next month.

Also, my best friend is a few years older and likes the same music as all of us, but he has a buddy from hs who is the same as your co worker but to an extreme that he pretty much lost interest around 1995. For example, he would never purchase the new Kix album no matter how cheap, good, or high it charts, but will gladly crank Midnight Dynamite and Blow My Fuse till he's in the nursing home. Go figure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:27 pm

My best friend Gary has been listening to the exact same albums since 1992, that was when he stopped collecting. He finally upgraded to a CD player around 2000 and guess what he did...he went and bought all the exact same albums he had on cassette. Nothing new.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 am

While i still listen to music constantly, i do have to be doing something (surfing the net, reading a book, even just taking a walk) while listening. I cant just sit and listen passively, i'd get bored (and i've never really gone to any concerts, and thats a different animal altogether anyway).
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I have satellite on at work (Hair Guitar and Classic Rock Workout), a six disc changer in the car, a stereo in the basement gym of my home and about 2000 hours worth of hard rock and heavy metal that plays all night. Although, I will have to get a pair of wireless head phones soon for when me and my fiancé move into our house next month.

Also, my best friend is a few years older and likes the same music as all of us, but he has a buddy from hs who is the same as your co worker but to an extreme that he pretty much lost interest around 1995. For example, he would never purchase the new Kix album no matter how cheap, good, or high it charts, but will gladly crank Midnight Dynamite and Blow My Fuse till he's in the nursing home. Go figure.

when you get those wireless headphones let me know how they are.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:03 pm

S.D. wrote:
My best friend Gary has been listening to the exact same albums since 1992, that was when he stopped collecting.  He finally upgraded to a CD player around 2000 and guess what he did...he went and bought all the exact same albums he had on cassette.  Nothing new.

hahaha you think he would have wanted something new with the new cd player. I rarely listen to the radio but when I have to I cant stand it. Even Pandora. My brother uses Pandora and I feel like the same songs play constantly. This one radio station my brother would put on when he would help do work around my house played the same songs at the same times every day. Theres only so many times I can hear beastie boys and cypress hill on a rock station no less. The worst part is its nothing new. all old stuff that was new back when i was in high school around '97.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 9:08 pm

I finally got some new headphones after the Sony's I had for over 20yrs finally conked out. I bought a pair of Grado SR60i which are entry-level Grado headphones. We will see how those sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?   When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Is The Last Time You Actually Listened To Music?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2