Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark

Go down 
+17
Witchfinder
Eyesore
James B.
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
kethdredd
nevermore
DallasBlack
glassprison
MoonChild
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
corplhicks
trock67
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who Wins?
Badlands
Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Vote_lcap83%Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Vote_rcap
 83% [ 19 ]
Lynch Mob
Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Vote_lcap13%Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
RiverDogs
Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Vote_lcap4%Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Moved on from Ozzy, Dio, and Dokken.  Who wins?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Badlands for me - but only for Ray Gillen [RIP].

Last edited by UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trock67
Metal novice
Metal novice
trock67

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Badlands, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Badlands by miles upon miles. Riverdogs were good but a bit polished. Lynch Mob has never caught my ear very well. Badlands was downright dirty and thick, with one of the best lead singers to have left us. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:40 pm

Badlands - most definitely!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm curious who voted for Riverdogs?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Ray Gillen had the best cleans out of the whole bunch.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Thx for spelling it rite, ToB!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:51 pm

Things to Come?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:08 pm

corplhicks wrote:

That would be me.  I really enjoy their S/T.  I enjoy Badlands too but I knew no one would vote Riverdogs so I just did it so they got a vote.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

That would be me.  I really enjoy their S/T.  I enjoy Badlands too but I knew no one would vote Riverdogs so I just did it so they got a vote.

Their s/t was really really good, deserved more attention. Like Steelheart I wished it had been a little more, I dunno, "rougher," I suppose.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Badlands.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:08 pm

If we were only considering each band's first album, I would easily go with Lynch Mob. Overall, I'd say Badlands.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Badlands for me. Lynch Mob comes in a close second. I only know one song of the Riverdogs (Toy Soldier-a great one too) so that kind of knocks them automatically out of contention.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 pm

I only know Badlands and Lynch Mob. Since I only have one from Badlands and two Lynch Mobs it wouldn't be fair to vote. I love the album cover with The Screaming Demon and even have the t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:30 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Badlands for me - but only for Ray Gillen [RIP].

I have to agree.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:46 am

Really enjoy Badlands. Riverdog's self titled is a great record.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:53 am

Badlands here. Never got into Lynch Mob much and I don't think I ever heard Riverdogs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 am

Badlands by a large margin.

The first Lynch Mob is ok, never upgraded my cassette copy of the follow-up, so what does that tell you? And I don't believe I've heard Riverdogs either. Perhaps a song or 2. Nothing I remember.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:21 am

Badlands- Better musicianship and songs of the 3 (IMHO)
Lynch Mob-Oni only had so much to work with song wise (Should have stayed with Marc)
Riverdogs-Disappointed with Vivian's playing and songwriting on this.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Lynch Mob for me, based on the first two albums (not crap like Smoke This and Syzygy). Those first two albums came out when I was young so they left a bigger impression on me. Hell, I never even heard Badlands until I was probably well into my 20s, and I still haven't heard that Riverdogs album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Badlands for me. They are one of my all time favorite bands and the debut is one of my favorite records. Ray Gillen was amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 3:31 am

Badlands of course
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Voted for Lynch Mob after listening to the Wicked Sensation album on the way home from work. Damn I love that album!!!!!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:26 am

BadLands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark   Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wicked Sensational Spooky Dreams in the Dark
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next