Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Sensational Alex Harvey Band Empty
PostSubject: Sensational Alex Harvey Band   Sensational Alex Harvey Band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:27 am

Sensational Alex Harvey Band Sahb

One of the great unsungs, SAHB was one crazy rock n' roll carnival of cabaret, glam rock, vaudeville, prog, skiffle, pomp, surf, heavy metal, noir, doo-woop, soul, eastern music, pub rock and other wild sounds.

They were rock n' roll superheroes seemingly ripped straight from the pages of a comic book.

Harvey had that great wit and crocodile bark that many may compare to Bon Scott or even Dan McCafferty. Must be a Scottish thing i reckon.

And how could i forget Zal Cleminson, a heavy metal guitar hero if there ever was one.

Their songs have been covered by everyone from Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds to the Cult to uh Britny Fox!

Gimme the eccentrics, gimme Shirley Strachan, Gary Holton and Alex Harvey.

But alas.....

"Everyone I thought was cool is six feet underground"

- Johnny Winter

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Sensational Alex Harvey Band   Sensational Alex Harvey Band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:56 am

It seems like the only way I can get anyone interested in them is to mention that that there behind Alex is Chris Glen and Ted McKenna of The Michael Schenker Group, and Zal Cleminsen who was with Nazereth in the late 70's. Also the song Midnight Moses that Britney Fox did on Bite Down Hard was Alex's ticket to linking up with the all the guys who were all in Tear Gas, who were known in 1971 as the loudest band in Scotland (critics called them "Fear Gas"). I think the some of the fellas also worked with Rory Gallagher, and Ian Gillan projects. Pretty good set of references if you ask me.
I don't know which song the Cult covered?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Sensational Alex Harvey Band   Sensational Alex Harvey Band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:05 am

The Cult covered Faith Healer which is available on Rare Cult and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds covered The Hammer Song which is off Kicking Against The Pricks.

You hear about this unreleased SAHB record from 1974 that's going to be released for the first time officially next month?

It's called Hot City, basically Impossible Dream with a different producer and some rarities. In other words it's for the fanatics....

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/the_sensational_alex_harvey_band/hot_city___the_1974_unreleased_album/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Sensational Alex Harvey Band   Sensational Alex Harvey Band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:31 am

Helloween covered "Faith Healer" on their METAL JUKEBOX album... that's about all I know from these guys.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sensational Alex Harvey Band   Sensational Alex Harvey Band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:59 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Also the song Midnight Moses that Britney Fox did on Bite Down Hard

I didn't realize that was a cover. I just thought it was a different kind of song for them. I love that riff. Simple but groovy. Da na na na na na na na na na na na . Smile
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Sensational Alex Harvey Band   Sensational Alex Harvey Band Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 pm

rattpoison wrote:
The Cult covered Faith Healer which is available on Rare Cult and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds covered The Hammer Song which is off Kicking Against The Pricks.

You hear about this unreleased SAHB record from 1974 that's going to be released for the first time officially next month?

It's called Hot City, basically Impossible Dream with a different producer and some rarities. In other words it's for the fanatics....

[url=http://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/the_sensational_alex_harvey_band/hot_city___the_1974_unreleased_album/
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/the_sensational_alex_harvey_band/hot_city___the_1974_unreleased_album/[/quote[/url]]

All Alex Harvey fans are fanatics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sensational Alex Harvey Band   Sensational Alex Harvey Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sensational Alex Harvey Band
Page 1 of 1