Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Malcolm Young

Go down 
+19
MoonChild
glassprison
Metal Misfit
brokentulsa
mlotek
mr.electric39
thejokeriv
martinsane
mc666
Harold Benson
80s Metal Lady
nevermore
Glower
manny
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
Runicen
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 11:17 pm

AC/DC is one band that I've never been able to see live: on every tour I was either too young to drive myself or out of the country. If they tour for the upcoming album I do hope to see them, but I will miss getting the chance to see Malcolm in action.

While I think Malcolm is a huge part of their sound, it is a sound that can certainly replicated and I anticipate the new album sounding quite a bit like their most recent previous records, which would be good news IMO (and certainly suggested by the clip that was featured on the baseball intro posted elsewhere).
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 2:42 am

The band is a legend, so are it's members!

We love ya Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 am

No that it should come as a surprise to anyone at this point, but Malcolm's family officially released a statement confirming that he does have dementia.

http://www.people.com/article/malcolm-young-ac-dc-dementia

61 seems really young. I have a buddy whose mother suffers from it, but she's well into her 70's. Sadly, it's not really something you can come back from. It only worsens as time goes on.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
No that it should come as a surprise to anyone at this point, but Malcolm's family officially released a statement confirming that he does have dementia.

http://www.people.com/article/malcolm-young-ac-dc-dementia

61 seems really young. I have a buddy whose mother suffers from it, but she's well into her 70's. Sadly, it's not really something you can come back from. It only worsens as time goes on.

I've seen it several times in my family. It's heart-wrenching, a fate worse than death. Probably why this news has hit me harder than many celeb deaths of the past few years.

Growing up, Malcolm for me was the most entertaining to watch. He had such a menace about him.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:56 am

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-01-09/malcolm-young-had-lung-cancer

AC/DC founder Malcolm Young was successfully treated for lung cancer in the run-up to his diagnosis with dementia.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:28 am

^ Damn. First lung cancer, then a pacemaker, and THEN dementia. I guess it's true, these things really do happen in threes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^ Damn. First lung cancer, then a pacemaker, and THEN dementia. I guess it's true, these things really do happen in threes.

Fate sure loves to kick a guy when he's down, huh?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

Malcolm made a rare public appearance with a caretaker...

AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 288C0A3D00000578-0-image-a-99_1431347955376

AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 288C0A3600000578-3076743-image-a-101_1431348793625

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Maybe these were caught at inopportune moments, but I'm reminded a lot of Syd Barrett here. He seems confused. Sad
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Runicen wrote:
Maybe these were caught at inopportune moments, but I'm reminded a lot of Syd Barrett here.  He seems confused.  Sad

Yeah, strange ways life flow!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Runicen wrote:
Maybe these were caught at inopportune moments, but I'm reminded a lot of Syd Barrett here.  He seems confused.  Sad

I have a close friend whose mother suffers from dementia and sadly, the look of confusion is all part of the symptoms.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm

I have a friend whose mother suffered from that as well (as well as his grandfather/her dad). She passed away earlier this year and he said for quite some time before she had passed on she didn't even recognize anyone close to her. At the end, she just stopped eating. What a terrible thing to suffer through.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Those photos are not easy to look at. I love malcom. Life is tough. Earlier today a close friend of mine, who is a huge ac/dc fan, passed away from cancer. Sorry for sharing this.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 4:28 pm

My aunt suffered through dementia, and when I went back home to visit she did not recognize me at all. Really depressing stuff .

I hope that Malcolm is still somewhat cognitive. What legend, a shame he has to go out because of this.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:20 pm

I hope that people don't do what they did with Syd and start hounding him (I'm guessing that this won't happen as the Young family have the financial muscle to keep people away)

He just needs to be left alone to get on with his life now Sad
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 9:53 pm

I'm not a fan of publishing these pics - he's an icon, let the man finish his life with some dignity. I'm sure the Young family isn;t happy that these pics are posted. I wouldn't want pics of me out there if I had dementia.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 5:55 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I'm not a fan of publishing these pics - he's an icon, let the man finish his life with some dignity. I'm sure the Young family isn;t happy that these pics are posted. I wouldn't want pics of me out there if I had dementia.

I have to agree with this, he more then deserves to have the reminder of his life lived in dignity.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:47 am

All things considered, I didn't think he looked as bad as I expected. Before I saw the pics, I thought he might be unrecognizable, sitting in a wheelchair in his bathrobe or something. At least he's walking around, wearing his same jeans and still has long hair. Compared to recent pics of Lemmy, Malcolm looks pretty good.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 10:13 am

That bottom photo - was he going to a Japanese massage place pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Malcolm Young
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2