Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Malcolm Young

Go down 
+19
MoonChild
glassprison
Metal Misfit
brokentulsa
mlotek
mr.electric39
thejokeriv
martinsane
mc666
Harold Benson
80s Metal Lady
nevermore
Glower
manny
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
Runicen
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AC/DC Malcolm Young Empty
PostSubject: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Well, looks like at least some or part of the rumors are true...

http://loudwire.com/acdc-biographer-does-not-expect-malcolm-young-return/

Sad news. I don't know, it just seems odd that they continue without Malcolm.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Sorry to hear that. Chances are, with none of them getting any younger, they're all probably thinking, "Hell, it was bound to happen to one of us. Why stop now?"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:18 pm

When I first saw the topic heading, I thought it was going to announce his passing. Thankfully that's not the case, for now anyway.

It does seem a little odd that they would soldier on without him, but they've been doing it for so long now, they might as well keep going as long as they can. Like Lemmy, it's in their blood. There is no where else to go but forward.

When rock n' roll was created back in the 50's, they forgot to state a mandatory retirement age.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:22 pm

It sounds as though it's extremely unlikely that Malcolm will return. Which leaves the band with a choice, carry on without him and replace him or do something else. After 40 years being AC/DC, what else are they going to do?

Sad news Sad
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:00 pm

Too bad. Here's hoping he can recover at some point even if he can't return to the band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 pm

I am sure after this tour the band will hang up their guitar straps, it was a good run
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:24 pm

One thing is for sure -
I played guitar for 10-15 solid years -
I could NOT play any AC DC riffs exactly - it never sounded right -
Almost like trying to play the Ramones - iforget it  sigh 
Love the comment about Lemmy -
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:19 pm

It's sad to hear these rumors are true. I hope he is able to recover fully from this.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:36 am

Very sad. I developed a soft spot for Malcolm after watching VH-1's Behind The Music. He seems like a kind, sensitive man who successfully defeated his alcoholic demons. He's my favorite in the band. Whether he is ever able to return to the band or not, I just hope he has a lot of joy left in his life.
Back to top Go down
Harold Benson
Metal novice
Metal novice
Harold Benson

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:24 am

Well , if they replaced Bon Scott back in early 80´s I think they can replace Malcom , but they´ll not last that much anyways ... AC / DC is a great band that I still had not the opportunity to really get into ...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 3:00 am

Meh, i'm not so sure he was that important to their sound. They replaced their lead singer already & that was a big deal at the time. I'd be willing to bet that their next album sounds just like the last one. Just as they all have from the begining.

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 3:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
Well, looks like at least some or part of the rumors are true...

http://loudwire.com/acdc-biographer-does-not-expect-malcolm-young-return/

Sad news. I don't know, it just seems odd that they continue without Malcolm.

I get it is an ending to an era, but at least they are keeping the band "family" by having Stevie Young as his successor...supposedly.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:02 am

mc666 wrote:
Meh, i'm not so sure he was that important to their sound. They replaced their lead singer already & that was a big deal at the time. I'd be willing to bet that their next album sounds just like the last one. Just as they all have from the begining.

I am sure the album will sound just like their other albums, but he is a big part of their sound and songwriting, just like Bon was. But you are right AC/DC are AC/DC and I do not see them making any significant change to their sound without Malcolm in the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 10:16 am

While I can understand the band's desire for privacy, I do wish they would just come out with a statement about Malcolm's condition instead of all the rumor and speculation. Saying he's "in poor health" is a pretty broad spectrum. If he had a stroke, just tell us and move on.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Malcom is a major chunk of AC DC. That electric vintage Gretch guitar sound. C'mon.
A new guitar player ? At the recording studio ?
Does that mean he contributes to the song riffs ?
I find it very interesting - and am sure there will be some crankers on it !
But - it will, without question, sound very different.
No doubt about it - Malcom is a key part !
The CD will sell like hot cakes though - with this added dimension -
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:40 pm

The new record will sound like AC/DC. But this band is and always has been a realised dream of two brothers, it's their band and it always will be. To compare Malcolm even to Bon (as amazing as he was) is quite wrong
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Sad news... when it was first leaked that he had a major stoke (if that is his health issue), I was hoping for the best..... When they added Stevie Young to fill in not just for touring but the studio, I was sure that Malcolm's live playing days were over.... I just hope he has a decent quality of life for how ever long that is...... his playing was a huge part of the AC/DC sound.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Youtube ac dc at Charlse airport 2000 - a cool clip of Angus and Malcom together -
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Malcolm wrote the vast majority of their stuff.... Yes he and Angus wrote many items together, but it was Malcolm who was the bedrock.... He wrote the riff to Back in Black... He wrote You Shook Me All Night Long.... Hells Bells....

It was Malcolms vision.... The bands sound wont change of course.... Stevie who filled in during the Blow Up Your Video tour, while Malcolm was rehabing in Australia, will fill in again...

I would have to surmise this is a swansong.... 40 years..... and since all the material was written why not record it and tour it.... Malcolm would probably say, "You better tour it to death... I didnt write it not to be played live."

Very bummed about the whole state of affairs, but as I get older so do all of my music heroes....

It just sucks.....

Sad 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:49 pm

It's a bummer about Malcolm.
Haven't seen much of him besides concert/video song footage, but he seemed a super cool guy with the footage of him offstage from the LET THERE BE ROCK movie. Very humble and likable even though his band was becoming world famous.
Yes, good to hear that Stevie Young is in.
I read about how he filled in perfectly before on tour, so let's see what riffs he brings in now as a full time member.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:19 pm

mlotek wrote:

Yes, good to hear that Stevie Young is in.
I read about how he filled in perfectly before on tour, so let's see what riffs he brings in now as a full time member.

Much to my regret the only time I got to see AC/DC was on the BUYV tour with Stevie... I always regretted not being able to see Malcolm.... ...

However I'll tell you if you didn't know Malcolm wasn't there, the average fan who just went to a Show they'd never know the difference... Stevie's appearance was made just like Malcolm...

They killed it that night....

AC/DC Malcolm Young 56834 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 2:05 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/ac-dc-founder-malcolm-young-dementia-report-says-021125801.html;_ylt=A0SO8oeZ.yZUYTUAkxdXNyoA

""He has a complete loss of short-term memory. His wife Linda has put him in full-time care."
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Really sad. I'm also surprised Angus decided to continue without him. I'm definitely okay with them continuing but I figured that once those reports were coming out about Malcolm's health that the new album would be shelved and the band would be put on hold indefinitely for when/if Malcolm got better.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Malcolm would NEVER want the band to stop - stop making fans happy -
They didn't stop when Bon passed - I support AC DC even more !
As a side note, went to Ebay and bought a photo of Malcom - classic shot -
Blue Jeans - Tee shirt - hair over his eyes - that huge white Gretch guitar -
what was cooler - than seeing him and Cliff walk quickly up to do vocals - then return -
One thing is for sure - the new CD - are being pressed in the millions - as we speak -
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Too much money involved & too little time left to make it. No way was it even a question whether to keep going or not.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Malcolm Young   AC/DC Malcolm Young Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Malcolm Young
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next