Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate the Metal Church Discog

Go down 
+19
anthrax_fan
Dark Horseman
Lari
Lurideath
jstate
Witchfinder
mc666
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Short-Fuse
bgsully
MetallicSeminarian
Glower
BearOnUnicycle
martinsane
corplhicks
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Rate the Metal Church Discog Empty
PostSubject: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:01 am

Just for kicks. Best to worst.

S/T
Blessing in Disguise
Human Factor
The Dark
Hanging in the Balance
Generation Nothing
Weight of the World
A Light in the Dark
This Present Wasteland
Masterpeace
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:00 am

S/T
The Dark
Wayne-Metal Church (Technically not an MC record but it should have been!)
Live
Masterpiece
Weight Of The World
Light In The Dark
Blessing In Disguise
Generation Nothing
This Present Wasteland
Hanging In The Balance
The Human Factor

However by definition MC any incarnation is good, nothing however can touch The Reverend David Wayne!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:50 am

Easy:
Blessing In Disguise
Hanging In The Balance
The Human Factor
The Dark
Metal Church
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 6:26 am

Easy:
S/T
The Dark
then everything else.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 6:53 am

Only have the first 4, but only because of lack of funds:

1. Blessing in Disguise
2. The Human Factor
3. The Dark
4. Metal Church

All 4 rule, though.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:22 am

The Dark (my introduction to Metal Church)
S/T
Blessing In Disguise
The Human Factor

That's all I have....for now.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:44 am

Metal Church
Hanging in the Balance
Blessing in Disguise
The Dark
Breaking Point
Reverend

I didn't hear much of the newer output, but what I did hear was kind of bland. "Masterpiece" I remember being awful, but I'll have to give it another chance.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:35 am

S/T
The Dark
Human Factor
Blessing in Disguise
Hanging in the Balance
Masterpeace

...don't own any of the recent stuff but I've Spotified it from time to time and aside from "Generation Nothing" (which I do plan to purchase at some point) they seemed pretty forgettable.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 10:00 am

Blessing in Disguise
S/T
The Human Factor
The Dark
Live
Hanging in the Balance
This Present Wasteland
Generation Nothing
Masterpiece
Weight of the World
A light in the Dark
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Glad to see Hanging in the Balance getting some recognition. A really rockin album that is still fresh to me.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:45 pm

The Dark
s/t
Blessing in Disguise
Wayne's solo album
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:29 pm

the dark
s/t
blessing in disguise
generation nothing
a light in the dark
this present wasteland
the human factor
the weight of the world

these are also the MC cds I own.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Glad to see Hanging in the Balance getting some recognition. A really rockin album that is still fresh to me.
Great album with hints of Savatage scattered through. On some days I actually like this one more than Blessing.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Hanging in the Balance is one of the next CDs on my purchase list.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:35 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Hanging in the Balance is one of the next CDs on my purchase list.

it is a bit hard to find. I've been trying to get this one for a long long time now.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Best bet is to try and get the import with the bonus track Low to Overdrive. It's one of the best Howe tracks they've ever put on tape.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:31 am

Self Titled
The Dark

The rest....meh.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 2:01 pm

The Dark
Metal Church
Human Factor
Hanging In The Balance
Blessing In Disguise
Masterpeace
Weight Of The World
A Light In The Dark
This Present Wasteland
Generation Nothing (haven't had this one long enough to place it)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Oh and I could possibly put Human Factor at the top,it's that good.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Human Factor was kind of different for the band, had a lot more hard rock than straight up metal songs, but they were all tightly written. My favorite off that album is the anti-PMRC tune "In Mourning." Really strong message in that one, and a good sense of pathos.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 4:50 pm

The Dark
Metal Church
Human Factor
Blessing In Disguise
Hanging In The Balance
Generation Nothing
Weight Of The World
A Light In The Dark
This Present Wasteland

I don't own Masterpeace.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

I don't own Masterpeace.  

It's embarrassing, only for completists IMO. The mix is awful, Wayne's voice is shot, you can hear the discomfort and tension in the band, the riffs are generic, and the songs plodding. There's a couple of decent tunes (Lb of Cure being the best) but most of it is rubbish (the title track being the worst). Too bad it was their last album with Wayne, who reportedly hated it. It was also the last straw for Duke.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I don't own Masterpeace.  

It's embarrassing, only for completists IMO.

surprised  That's way too harsh. It's certainly not their best but it's far from a disaster. There are plenty of good tunes on it. They Signed In Blood is great.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:43 pm

007 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I don't own Masterpeace.  

It's embarrassing, only for completists IMO.

surprised   That's way too harsh. It's certainly not their best but it's far from a disaster. There are plenty of good tunes on it. They Signed In Blood is great.

It was one of the great disappointments for me when it came out. I was expecting something competent, and all I got was a band falling apart. And Wayne's voice is really, really bad on that album (always curious how it improved so much for the Wayne record). Anyway, I'm also echoing the band's sentiment; none of them were happy with the album, especially Kurdt:

Quote :
WC: You returned to the band in '99 for the "Masterpeace" album, (Kurdt interupts and says - "Disasterpeace"!) what made you want to return to the band at that time? 

KV: Well, it was kind of a thing that on paper it sounded like a good idea, because when it initialy started it was going to be the original line-up getting back together. On paper it was a great idea, but it really didn't turn out that way. When I got in the studio it really fell apart, and then the tour following, because Kirk (Arrington) couldn't go. It just did not work from top to bottom, and the album's ok, but it wasn't nearly what it was supposed to be. So I wanted if nothing else from this record and this line-up, I wanted to at least not have "Masterpeace" be the last Metal Church record. Since this thing started it's getting a lot bigger, and the response has been way more then we ever expected. (from http://www.wormwoodchronicles.net/interviews/metal-church-1)

Wayne has said even worse things, although interviews at the time of the release saw him a bit more positive.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Reminds me I still have to pick-up Generation Nothing.

I would actually rank This Present Wasteland near the top. And I dig Masterpeace too. Number one would be the S/T though. Everything else can take the number three spot. All equally great IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Metal Church Discog   Rate the Metal Church Discog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate the Metal Church Discog
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next