Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues

Go down 
+11
MetallicSeminarian
AutumnShantel
Runicen
Glower
Lovecraft
A Handful of Wayne
glassprison
ultmetal
corplhicks
mikeinfla
Witchfinder
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Empty
PostSubject: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:25 am

Here are the details on IV and Houses of the Holy:

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-07-29/led-zeppelin-detail-next-releases-in-reissue-programme

"With the deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin's first three albums all hitting the top ten in the US, the band will be hoping for similar success with the next pair of reissues, due for release on October 27.

Neither of the deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin IV or Houses Of The Holy feature any previously unreleased songs, but there are plenty of alternate takes available for the first time. The former includes alternate mixes of Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, The Battle Of Evermore and Going To California, plus an alternate version Stairway To Heaven, while the bonus HOTH tracks include tough mixes of The Ocean and Dancing Days. The full list of unreleased tracks is a follows:

Led Zeppelin IV companion audio disc:

1.   “Black Dog” – Basic Track With Guitar Overdubs

2.   “Rock And Roll” – Alternate Mix

3.   “The Battle Of Evermore” – Mandolin/Guitar Mix From Headley Grange

4.   “Stairway To Heaven” – Sunset Sound Mix

5.   “Misty Mountain Hop” – Alternate Mix

6.   “Four Sticks” – Alternate Mix

7.   “Going To California” – Mandolin/Guitar Mix

8.   “When The Levee Breaks” – Alternate UK Mix

Houses Of The Holy companion audio disc:

1.   “The Song Remains The Same” – Guitar Overdub Reference Mix

2.   “The Rain Song” – Mix Minus Piano

3.   “Over The Hills And Far Away” – Guitar Mix Backing Track

4.   “The Crunge” – Rough Mix - Keys Up

5.   “Dancing Days” – Rough Mix With Vocal

6.   “No Quarter” – Rough Mix With JPJ Keyboard Overdubs - No Vocal

7.   “The Ocean” – Working Mix

As usual, the reissues will be available in a number of formats: single CD, deluxe edition double CD (including the companion audio discs), single and double vinyl editions, a digital download, plus a "Super Deluxe Boxed Set". This monster includes a hard-bound book featuring 80-pages of rare and previously unseen photos and memorabilia, plus a high-quality print of the album cover.

Back in May, Jimmy Page talked about the reissue programme on the Classic Rock Radio Show, saying, "You know instinctively when something is right to do and you just jolly well do it. You put everything you've got into doing it. It was an epic task – I knew that – but it's right that it should be out there."

Led Zep IV and Houses Of The Holy are both released on October 27."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Cool! But will only order the basic vinyl versions. Looking forward to these!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:27 pm

All four vinyl sets are on my xmas list since i already have the cds.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:39 pm

I have the original vinyls, the CDs, the box sets...I just cannot keep purchasing these over and over again.

Now, I say that, but I have been buying up all the Aerosmith 180 gram reissues as I find them for a decent price and I own those on vinyl (in some cases more than one copy), on CD, and in some cases even on cassette. Haha!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm

I probably won't get this round. The first album reissue was cool because it had some excellent live recordings. All of these alternate mixes sound less exciting.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:49 pm

I no longer have IV or House in any format so I am really looking toward to these. Of the originals I only had II on CD.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 pm

I might get all of these eventually when they prices drop way down. Only to replace the cds I have. I really like the look of them, but I just can't spend the money on stuff I already have anymore. Unless its something that really comes with unreleased stuff then thats a different story, but these just don't have anything worth hearing besides the original songs. Even the live stuff doesn't excite me. I have a few of the live albums and thats all you really need. I'm just sure these sound better than the remastered cds I have.

Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:22 pm

I will be buying them all. I love alternate takes, demos, alternate mixes, live tracks...the more they have the merrier! I find it invaluable with a band like this to not only hear the completed songs, but to hear the work-in-progress material, it's like a window into the creative process and when you're talking about Zeppelin that's one seriously important window to look into.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Am I the only one to think that we should be happy with the originals - and keep it at that ?
Aren't the powers that be - ruining a good thing by showing other versions or remakes of gems ?
I've heard some interesting DOORS live songs but to me - remakes - it's dysecting the classics - $ ?
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Glower wrote:
Am I the only one to think that we should be happy with the originals - and keep it at that ?
Aren't the powers that be - ruining a good thing by showing other versions or remakes of gems ?
I've heard some interesting DOORS live songs but to me - remakes - it's dysecting the classics - $ ?

Remakes?  These are alternate rough mixes done during the initial sessions, a common occurrence as you might try several mixes and combinations of overdubbed instruments before deciding on a final take.  Hearing earlier rough mixes often lets you hear details later covered up and sometimes instrumental tracks that were later not used in the finished product.  

It doesn't detract from the released versions of the songs as they are still there and gives fans a chance to hear true masterpieces while they were in the process of being completed.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 8:39 pm

^^ Yes. There are no remakes on any of these re-releases.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 11:39 am

It depends on the band, honestly. Some out-takes and early run throughs of tracks are interesting because they went with a different arrangement or feel or the lyrics were different.

Other times, it's just a sloppy version of the released version and I listen once and that's all.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 pm

I gotta say, I really want these. I don't know why, but these have been my number one wanted set of items this year. I'm desperately trying to figure out how to afford them. But I don't even really need them either. It's a weird desire.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 pm

I will buy the deluxe CD editions and the plain vinyl editions. I don't really want the super-expensive box set versions.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:32 pm

Might ask my husband for it for my birthday, but I'm starting to feel guilty about how much I've spent on music lately.. Haha
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:43 pm

If someone gives them to me I'll gladly take them. But with limited funds and limited time, I can't really justify repurchasing stuff I pretty much already have. And most of these bonus tracks don't interest me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 4:10 pm

I guess this is as good as spot as any to announce the BBC re-issue...

The Complete BBC Sessions, an updated and newly remastered version with eight unreleased BBC recordings and including three rescued from a previously “lost” session from 1969 and the only recorded performance of "Sunshine Woman." Coming September 16th.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 10:54 pm

I'm to tired up in buying the Klaus Schulze reissues right now to get these.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:50 am

Quote :
The Complete BBC Sessions, an updated and newly remastered version with eight unreleased BBC recordings and including three rescued from a previously “lost” session from 1969 and the only recorded performance of "Sunshine Woman." Coming September 16th.

This is really interesting! I was just listening to the BBC sessions the other day for the first time in many years. Great performances, so I will look forward to hearing the "lost" material.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 8:16 am

I think its cool they are re-issuing it but I am not buying the same album again, no matter how many bells and whistles, releases like this is what makes downloading so much sense.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:52 am

manny wrote:
I think its cool they are re-issuing it but I am not buying the same album again, no matter how many bells and whistles, releases like this is what makes downloading so much sense.

If the price was right, I'd probably pick it up. Otherwise I'll stick with my original copy. I do love that album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 4:50 pm

Happy Birthday to Led Zeppelin IV. Released 45 years ago today on Nov. 8th, 1971

Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Th?id=OIP.Mb015b15e476c92d10a834d523575d3c9o0&pid=15

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:28 pm

45 years ago! Wow. I wasn't even born when they were already around, and i consider myself to be an old metalhead.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 11:45 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues   Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin - Next Round of Reissues
Page 1 of 1