Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Empty
PostSubject: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:31 am

I imagine some of you are familiar with this dude, notably as the guitarist for Alice Cooper for the last decade or so. I often buy from NEH Records's $5 sale section. This was listed there recently and the samples sounded cool, so I snagged a copy.

In a few words, this is a hard rock version of White Zombie, and I really dig it! Some of you might as well.

These two songs don't quite hit the "hard rock" stuff I mentioned, but that's all there is on YouTube besides live clips.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 am

I had this one bookmarked on my ebay account, but decided against it at the last minute. I had a bunch of other purchases lined up instead. It's on the "definite-maybe" list though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I had this one bookmarked on my ebay account, but decided against it at the last minute. I had a bunch of other purchases lined up instead. It's on the "definite-maybe" list though.

It's not perfect. Some songs, I think, could have used a bigger hook, but overall it's solid. Definitely worth the $5 I paid.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's not perfect. Some songs, I think, could have used a bigger hook, but overall it's solid. Definitely worth the $5 I paid.

Good to know. The copy I was eyeballing on ebay was just under $10 bills with shipping. Guess I'll hold out for a cheaper one. No luck at NEH. Just a brand-new copy for $11.99.

Was Chuck the guitarist for Alice Cooper? For some reason, I thought he was the bass player. Not that it matters I guess. It's not like he was the drummer or something.  Razz 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Good to know. The copy I was eyeballing on ebay was just under $10 bills with shipping. Guess I'll hold out for a cheaper one. No luck at NEH. Just a brand-new copy for $11.99.

Was Chuck the guitarist for Alice Cooper? For some reason, I thought he was the bass player. Not that it matters I guess. It's not like he was the drummer or something.  Razz 

The bass is a guitar!  lol! But yeah, think it was bass.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 1:49 pm

I just got a copy of this. Someone needs to get Rob Zombie's lawyer on the horn. This guy's ripping him off!!
Laughing very hard

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? I'm not complaining as I'm a Rob Zombie fan myself. But some of these tunes could be Zombie b-sides or unreleased tracks if you didn't know any different.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 4:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just got a copy of this. Someone needs to get Rob Zombie's lawyer on the horn. This guy's ripping him off!!
Laughing very hard

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? I'm not complaining as I'm a Rob Zombie fan myself. But some of these tunes could be Zombie b-sides or unreleased tracks if you didn't know any different.

Oh, absolutely. I do think, like I mentioned above, it's more like a hard rock version of White Zombie/Rob Zombie, but...yeah, definitely a bit blatant.

Not, however, as blatant as Scum of the Earth! Not only was this dude in Rob's band, he named his band after a Rob Zombie song, looks like Rob Zombie, and straight up ripped off everything from the musical style, looks, imagery, you name it. Dude even says "yeah" all the time! Haha.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 10:13 am

Yea, I remember Scum of the Earth. I immediately dismissed them back in the day, thinking, "I've already got Rob Zombie. Why would I need this clone?". Neither of those tracks you posted do much to sway that opinion.

I'll stick with Beasto Blanco for now.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 10:48 am

Bump for Eyesore. I think we're the only 2 who care. Smile Anywho...

Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Beastoblancosecondalbum

BEASTO BLANCO, the band fronted by long time ALICE COOPER bassist Chuck Garric, will release its self-titled, full-length second album on November 25 via Rat Pak Records. "Beasto Blanco" is the follow-up to the band's critically acclaimed 2013 release "Live Fast, Die Loud" (Rat Pak Records), which was endorsed by the likes of movie actor Johnny Depp, IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain, producer Bob Ezrin, and many more. The latest effort, which was produced by Ryan Greene (ALICE COOPER, LITA FORD, MR. BIG), features 11 new tracks and an amped-up cover version of Alice's hit song "Feed My Frankenstein" that also features Alice's daughter and BEASTO bandmate Calico Cooper. The album is currently available for pre-order via Rat Pak Records web site.

Influenced by bands such as WHITE ZOMBIE and MOTÖRHEAD, BEASTO BLANCO's all new 12-song, sophomore effort is a potent mix of heavy riffs, driving bass and melodic choruses. "I'm very proud of this release" says Chuck Garric, "This new album showcases the bands evolution as songwriters and our unity as a musical force." Calico adds: "This record is like a baseball bat to the chest that you want more and more of."

The track listing for "Beasto Blanco" is:

01. Buried Angels
02. Grind
03. Feed My Frankenstein (ALICE COOPER cover)
04. Carcosa
05. Death Rattle
06. Dark Matter
07. Sadhana
08. I Rise
09. Machine Girl
10. Honey
11. Blind Drive
12. Damnation

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 11:40 am

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I listened to the last one again not too long ago. Really good album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:36 am

Another bump for Eyesore...Beasto Blanco have a new one in the pipeline, coming May 24th.

Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Beastoblancowearecd

01. The Seeker
02. Solitary Rave
03. Ready To Go
04. Down
05. Perception Of Me
06. Let's Rip
07. Half Life
08. We Got This
09. Follow The Bleed
10. I See You In It
11. Halcyon (bonust track; CD and download versions)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:23 am

Saw that yesterday. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 8:54 am

Can't be a true Zombie copycat band without the proper amount of well-placed "yeahs." lol!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 5:35 pm

You'd think by the 3rd album, they'd maybe try to forge their own identity, but nope. Sticking with what they know. Laughing Eh, I'm alright with that. I'll be picking this up at some point I reckon.

More than anything, this reminds me that I need to load their first 2 albums on my car flash drive.

PostSubject: Re: Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)   Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beasto Blanco (Chuck Garric)
Page 1 of 1