Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shows that went wrong?

Go down 
+27
Nomadic Drifter
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
jstate
manny
DallasBlack
martinsane
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Sword Of The Heretic
Vexer6
Glower
James B.
ultmetal
Boris2008
thejokeriv
TheUnborn
mc666
80s Metal Lady
glassprison
choosemetal
DakotaRogers
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
sovdat
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:46 pm

Well, I don't know if this counts, but I remember the Amon Amarth show with Skeletonwitch and Enslaved got cancelled. It was supposed to happen on January 29th here in Charlotte, but because of dreadful cold, sleet and horribly icy roads, it got cancelled. I remember taking two buses and getting lost just to reach the venue where I heard the harrowing news.

I don't have anything else exciting to tell because I've only been to one show and that show, Behemoth with Goatwhore, Inquisition, 1349 and Black Crown Initiate, was amazing and went off without a hitch.

Otherwise, I see a lot of Dave Mustaine tales here. Why am I not surprised? Dave is an asshole, plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Icy Grave wrote:
Otherwise, I see a lot of Dave Mustaine tales here. Why am I not surprised? Dave is an asshole, plain and simple.

Gonna have to dispute this. True, Dave's a temperamental guy, but I think it's a question of WHEN you catch him and most of the things that have set him off seem to have been either drug-influenced and many years back or something that most anyone not gifted with the patience of a saint would lose their shit at. Maybe he could handle his frustration more gracefully, but I've not heard a whole lot of stories from the past 10 or so years that indicate that he's an ass.

Actually, when I saw Megadeth right after The System Has Failed (great album, btw) was released, there was a couple with their kid up towards the front and he took time out between songs at one point to talk to the kid, even gave them a pick if memory serves. It was a cool gesture and by no means expected or necessary from him.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:11 pm

If someone were to walk into my office and throw a firecracker or bottle of piss at me while I was doing my job, I'm sure I'd handle it with all the grace and dignity as would be expected.  Twisted Evil 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If someone were to walk into my office and throw a firecracker or bottle of piss at me while I was doing my job, I'm sure I'd handle it with all the grace and dignity as would be expected.  Twisted Evil 

You'd offer to buy them a beer and let them air their grievances, right?  lol! 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:39 pm

Runicen wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You'd offer to buy them a beer and let them air their grievances, right?   lol! 

Sure, but only if the incident was recorded and posted on the internet so folks could comment on what an a*hole I was to begin with.

Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 506406 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sure, but only if the incident was recorded and posted on the internet so folks could comment on what an a*hole I was to begin with.

Otherwise, you might go full Geoff Tate on them?  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 pm

When I saw Megadeth last year, Dave was cool as could be. Even minimized the in-between song talking so they could play more tunes and allow Iron Maiden to get on stage earlier.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:38 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
When I saw Megadeth last year, Dave was cool as could be. Even minimized the in-between song talking so they could play more tunes and allow Iron Maiden to get on stage earlier.

Yeah, the general trend with Dave seems to be that the real horror stories are from the drug-hazed youth (given that his drug of choice was heroin, not surprising he wouldn't have been easy to deal with) and everything else is, "See? He said something less than complementary towards another band! He's still an asshole!"

Put it this way, I'm a big fan of his work and I'm also a big fan of John Lydon's work. I'd only be nervous about having a bad experience meeting one of them, and it ain't Dave.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:00 pm

I met Mustaine in 2010 at a signing for his autobiography. Granted, each person only got to talk to him for about thirty seconds as he autographed their book but he was totally cool to me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Granted, all I heard were the horror stories regarding Mustaine growing up and some subsequent stories that revolved around Super Collider, so I have my bias just like everyone else, I suppose... Still, even through it all, I'm still a Megadeth fan and wouldn't throw my subscription to their material out the window just because of a few petty things Dave did or said. I would love to get a chance to see the band and meet Mustaine before they split up.

I don't have anything against the guy, but it's just that he's been known to say and do some pretty dumb things, especially in his heyday, and being that he's a celebrity in the metal world kind of means those stunts stick with him and brand him. But like I said, nothing against the man, and would love to meet him one day.

Just gotta hope they come back to Charlotte soon or are performing in Chicago not too far from now.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

If all of the stupid shit I have done & said over the last 30 years was documented on the internet (including all of the things I did while real high!) , I think I'd come off looking worse than Dave!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Icy Grave wrote:
Granted, all I heard were the horror stories regarding Mustaine growing up and some subsequent stories that revolved around Super Collider, so I have my bias just like everyone else, I suppose... Still, even through it all, I'm still a Megadeth fan and wouldn't throw my subscription to their material out the window just because of a few petty things Dave did or said. I would love to get a chance to see the band and meet Mustaine before they split up.

I don't have anything against the guy, but it's just that he's been known to say and do some pretty dumb things, especially in his heyday, and being that he's a celebrity in the metal world kind of means those stunts stick with him and brand him. But like I said, nothing against the man, and would love to meet him one day.

Just gotta hope they come back to Charlotte soon or are performing in Chicago not too far from now.
I'll admit Dave has said some very stupid things(I.E. his completely insane and asinine conspiracy theory that the Aurora shooting was staged, he ended up REALLY eating crow on that one when one of the survivors called him out on his BS) but he seems pretty gracious to fans most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Icy Grave wrote:

I'll admit Dave has said some very stupid things(I.E. his completely insane and asinine conspiracy theory that the Aurora shooting was staged, he ended up REALLY eating crow on that one when one of the survivors called him out on his BS) but he seems pretty gracious to fans most of the time.

Dave hangs around with Alex Jones too much!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Icy Grave wrote:

Dave hangs around with Alex Jones too much!  lol! 

Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Vader
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shows that went wrong?   Shows that went wrong? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shows that went wrong?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3