Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncle Saxon's Poll

Go down 
+26
nevermore
manny
Lari
Glower
bass63
ultmetal
James B.
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
Thrasher73
mc666
brokentulsa
80s Metal Lady
TrogDawn
akeldama
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Thelemech
tohostudios
exact33
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which was best?
Keel - The Right to Rock
Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Joe Walsh - The Confessor
Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Accept - Metal Heart
Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap51%Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 18 ]
Warrior - Fighting for the Earth
Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 9 ]
Rough Cutt - Rough Cutt
Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Now this was a cooooool poll I had to think about - albeit - briefly -
Rough Cutt and Warrior - both had incredible musicianship displayed -
but Metal Heart - that was a SUPER KILLER follow up to " Balls To The Wall "
It was like they had a green light and stepped on the accelerator pedal - all out -
I heard KISS had Accept on one of their tours - as a opener - tip of the cap there -
Wolf's lead guitar work - song composition - production -the 1985 power of German metal -
I couldn't believe how good " Screaming For A Love Bite " was -
when it first came over the late night radio air-waves - night - intensity - fireball -
" Bound to Fail " - ooooohhhhhhh - that epic beginning -
even the song Metal Heat had a strong underling almost Egyptian / Classical haunting about it -
finally, I almost bout a 'Metal Heart tee shirt' on ebay - $ - but I'm almost 50 - LOL -

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:23 pm

I was just thinking about the Accept album - when Metal Heart was first released, it was a huge disappointment among the metal heads I knew....... I felt the same way, took me years to really get into it and now I like it. When we first heard "Midnight Mover" it was a WTF response - that was a BIG change from Balls To The Wall or Fast as a Shark..... Of course, putting it up against albums by "new" bands like Metallica, Slayer, ect make it seem like pop music in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:10 pm

I found this - thought the intro - was faintly simular -

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:00 pm

I've never heard any of these albums...  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:20 pm

Accept, which I got for Christmas the year the album was released. I still love the 'Metal Heart' but it seems like some die hard metal fans were crying sell out at the time of the album's release.

Keel is a great album, sure it is silly as hell, but great fun, also extra points for including a song with a title 'So Many Girls, So Little Time'
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:38 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Accept. Never heard any of those other ones.

Here ya go, mc...great classic metal:

I gotta admit, that doesn't suck!

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Metal Heart
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 12:02 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I was just thinking about the Accept album - when Metal Heart was first released, it was a huge disappointment among the metal heads I knew....... I felt the same way, took me years to really get into it and now I like it. When we first heard "Midnight Mover" it was a WTF response

I can understand. Many a hardcore metal head probably cringed when they first heard that song. I loved it from the first listen because I like catchy metal that makes me want to move, maybe even dance! Accept's "Save Us" is another song like that. I could listen to it on a continuous loop with "Midnight Mover" and "Living For Tonite."

I can take or leave "Screaming For A Love Bite," though  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 12:14 am

I've never considered Metal Heart to be a sellout album being that it's really a continuation of their Balls to the Wall sound with a bit more polish. Midnight Mover was a rockin' track, one of the most infectious of their career. The title track was fierce even with the classical homages (the EVH-wannabe solo, however, is the lowest point of Wolf's career, which is saying a lot because I consider him one of the most talented metal non-shredders). Dogs on Leads is one of their heaviest songs. The rest of the album, though, just kind of floats on by like filler, and as much as I've heard the entire thing, I still can't very well remember many of the songs, whereas I can hum the previous two albums in their entirety.

And yes, Screaming for a Love Bite is absolute garbage.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 6:14 am

You guys are tough !
" See the secret - in the mirror -
it's black and blue - and it's happened to you
in the heat of the night !
iI's gonna stay there - stay there for a long time -
just to remind you - etc -

Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:14 am

I have ém all in my collection sans Walsh, and like all 4 as well but really Fighting For The Earth wins this one easily.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:46 am

manny wrote:
Accept, which I got for Christmas the year the album was released. I still love the 'Metal Heart' but it seems like some die hard metal fans were crying sell out at the time of the album's release.

Yep!

80s Metal Lady wrote:

I can understand. Many a hardcore metal head probably cringed when they first heard that song. 

We sure did!

corplhicks wrote:
I've never considered Metal Heart to be a sellout album being that it's really a continuation of their Balls to the Wall sound with a bit more polish. .

At time it was considered a sell out!

But remember, Accept released Metal Heart while their fans that bought Balls and Restless where now discovering Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, Anthrax and all thing faster and heavier. Accept went lighter and more commercial. It's not surprising that it didn't sell as well as Balls. When they went for a more commercial sound, they lost a chunk of their fan base.

I like the album now, but as a a Junior in high school that was discovering the heavier side of metal (as most of us into metal where at the time) Metal Heart wasn't cutting it......
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Warrior--fighting for the earth (without question for me). It is easily in my top 5 of metal straight-up/traditional metal albums.
With all the love Accept's Metal Heart is receiving I will have to re-visit it. I remember not liking it when it came out (I really only still like Restless and Wild as well as their newer cds).
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:15 pm

I think Accept opened for, at least, 4 or 5 different bands here in Minneapolis in 1985.  Including Iron Maiden and Dio.  Seemed every other month they would be on a different tour.  So Metal Heart is ingrained in me forever!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 1:01 am

Glower wrote:
You guys are tough !
" See the secret - in the mirror -
it's black and blue - and it's happened to you

Laughing This needs to go into the "How Important Are The Lyrics?" thread.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 1:03 am

allthingsmetal wrote:
Warrior--fighting for the earth (without question for me). It is easily in my top 5 of metal straight-up/traditional metal albums.
With all the love Accept's Metal Heart is receiving I will have to re-visit it. I remember not liking it when it came out (I really only still like Restless and Wild as well as their newer cds).

I've been waiting for your post. I listened to Fighting For The Earth on YouTube and saw the album cover and thought, "Hey! It's that guy's avatar!"
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Accept..... because I'M TOO HIGH TO GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:26 pm

I went with Joe Walsh, The Confessor is a killer song!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's Poll   Uncle Saxon's Poll - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncle Saxon's Poll
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2