Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allen/Lande - The Great Divide

Go down 
+6
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
scottmitchell74
Olafsto
Eyesore
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Empty
PostSubject: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:12 am

New album coming from these two. Hell yeah!

Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) and Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X, ADRENALINE MOB) will release the fourth ALLEN / LANDE collaborative album, "The Great Divide", on October 17 in Europe and October 21 in North America via Frontiers Records. The CD was produced by Timo Tolkki (TIMO TOLKKI'S AVALON, STRATOVARIUS) and features the following track listing:

01. Come Dream With Me
02. Down From The Mountain
03. In The Hands Of Time
04. Solid Ground
05. Lady Of Winter
06. Dream About Tomorrow
07. Hymn To The Fallen
08. The Great Divide
09. Reaching For The Stars
10. Bittersweet

A trailer for the album is available below.

ALLEN / LANDE's previous albums were written and produced by Swedish guitarist/songwriter Magnus Karlsson (PRIMAL FEAR, STARBREAKER, LAST TRIBE).

The third ALLEN / LANDE collaborative CD was released in November 2010 via Frontiers. Entitled "The Showdown", the CD was mixed by Achim Köhler (PRIMAL FEAR, SINNER, SILENT FORCE).

In a February 2012 interview with Rock Sins, Allen was asked if it was likely that he would ever do anything else with Lande in the future. "Maybe tour," he said. "I don't know if we're going to do another record. I think we should tour first and get to know each other and all that good stuff and see if we've got something. I think it would be fun. I don't know what he's up to. We don't talk, we have no relationship, really, so I don't know what he's up to, but I think it would be a good idea for some touring. I do like doing records with him, because it's easy, the songs are great and his voice is great, and I always look forward to doing it. 'It's Allen and Lande time' [laughs], so I can just get in the studio and do my thing and it's a lot of fun. But there's nothing currently on the slate coming up that I know of. We finished our contract run with that, and I haven't talked to Frontiers about it."

Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Allenlandegreatdividecd

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:54 am

Two great voices... I love those samples and may get this one. I still haven`t heard their last album together...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:59 am

Great news! I was wondering the other day if they'd ever make another album. Their first three are among the best runs of albums I know of. Not a bad song on them.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:16 am

Funny....Jorn quit halfway through his ONE tour (no album) w/ Yngwie, and that's what gets listed on his pedigree...haha!!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Not sure what to think of this. I love the previous ones but I feel it's strong point (apart from the two amazing vocalists) was the music of Mangus. Timo is a capable songwriter, but I haven't enjoyed much stuff from him in many years.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Not sure what to think of this. I love the previous ones but I feel it's strong point (apart from the two amazing vocalists) was the music of Mangus. Timo is a capable songwriter, but I haven't enjoyed much stuff from him in many years.

Does Magnus Karlsson write every album Frontiers Records releases? Haha. As for Timo, the clip above is very good, so it gives me confidence this one will be solid.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Wow....I wasnt really holding out any hope for this when I heard Tolkki was involved, but the samples are great. I cant wait to hear this now. I thought the last album was a little boring.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Does Magnus Karlsson write every album Frontiers Records releases?

I'm not sure, but I ask the same thing about Dennis Ward producing every album on that label.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:51 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Wow....I wasnt really holding out any hope for this  when I heard Tolkki was involved, but the samples are great. I cant wait to hear this now. I thought the last album was a little boring.

I really enjoyed the third one, but it certainly was the weakest of them.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:44 pm

Sweet! Looking forward to this.....
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:14 pm

I would buy tickets to an Allen/Lande tour in a heartbeat. There's more than enough material for a killer setlist just from the A/L project; and if they threw in material from each of their own various projects it would be a dream show for me.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 pm

glassprison wrote:
I would buy tickets to an Allen/Lande tour in a heartbeat. There's more than enough material for a killer setlist just from the A/L project; and if they threw in material from each of their own various projects it would be a dream show for me.

Ditto! That would be a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:35 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
glassprison wrote:

Ditto! That would be a no-brainer.

If they would come around here, I would pawn some stuff to go.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:15 am

Full song. Sounds great!

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Yep thats good. Hopefully the rest of the album is too. This will be the first thing in a long time ive been interested in anything Tolkki related.

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:31 pm

This sounds great to my ears. The vocals are up front where they belong.

Listen too Masterplan "Time to be King" & "MKII" and the vocals are buried. I would love to hear both of those cds remixed like "The Great Divide" they might be excellent cd's, I just dont know.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Funny....Jorn quit halfway through his ONE tour (no album) w/ Yngwie, and that's what gets listed on his pedigree...haha!!

I think Jorn's viking blood kicked in & he kicked the crap out of yngwie backstage after a show, But there are Two sides to every story. The band and road crew left for Ark's second cd, A true masterpiece. Yngwie was the loser here, But he would/will never admit that. Ark- Burn the Sun is 100% better then any Yngwie cd in the last 15 years...
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:12 pm

The full version of Come Dream With Me got me really hyped for this. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allen/Lande - The Great Divide   Allen/Lande - The Great Divide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allen/Lande - The Great Divide
Page 1 of 1