Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ruined by the Remix

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Ruined by the Remix Empty
PostSubject: Ruined by the Remix   Ruined by the Remix Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:01 pm

So, I'm spinning Hot Space by Queen and I realized that, while I actually love this dark horse of an album, Under Pressure makes me want to swallow razor blades - mostly because I can't think of anything but schlock 80s rap when I hear the intro.

Any other songs that came out the poorer for the flattery of imitation (or just theft)?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ruined by the Remix   Ruined by the Remix Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 am

The gym I go to plays this remix dubstep shit all the time. There's a Mumford & Sons remix, a remix of Because the Night, a remix of Born in the USA, a remix of that OK Savage Garden song--it's ruining everything.

Plus it's the same set every day. I've actually written to the management to complain.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Ruined by the Remix   Ruined by the Remix Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:12 am

Am I the only one who just doesn't get dubstep? I mean, the EFFECT of a bass drop can be cool for dramatic effect. Muse showed this - hell, even Two Steps from Hell used it well on their last album. BUT, it's not a GENRE. That would be like putting "blast beats" as a genre tag. You use them as part of a song. They don't constitute composition.

It's like the techno thing except you had GOOD techno and BAD techno and most of the bad stuff seemed to be only reaching people who were new to the scene. With dubstep, it mostly sucks and the really bad stuff is what everyone keeps pushing. I mean Skrillex? Really?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ruined by the Remix   Ruined by the Remix Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:51 pm

There's a big thing going on in the U.K (which is pretty much the home of dubstep) with people saying that the U.S version of dubstep is really bad and frankly giving the genre a bad name. It's not really my thing but there is a lot more to it than Skrillex.

But c'mon when we are talking this thread, this has to be the worst. By a mile!!

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Ruined by the Remix   Ruined by the Remix Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Puffy lost me when he skewered and sacrificed Kashmir on a brazen pagan altar to the ancient gods of suck.

Seriously, the gods of "mildly lame" would have been a major improvement.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the updated backing track didn't sound so awesome. They should have just released it as an instrumental.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruined by the Remix   Ruined by the Remix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruined by the Remix
Page 1 of 1