Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

King Diamond U.S tour!!

Go down 
+16
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
martinsane
manny
DallasBlack
BillRoxx
corplhicks
glassprison
CRIMSONMASK
Boris2008
nevermore
Glower
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
choosemetal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:38 am

Lurideath wrote:
I'll be seeing it here in Vegas, but that opening band is TERRIBLE!

No, they are not. You may not like them but they are far from terrible.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 12:06 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Don't let it bother you. Lurideth, just like Temple Of Blood, tends to state his opinions as facts.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 5:24 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Don't let it bother you. Lurideth, just like Temple Of Blood, tends to state his opinions as facts.

I don't know, terrible? Possibly, maybe not? But certainly not amazing and a band more akin to opening for the likes of Heart not King Diamond imho...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:11 am

martinsane wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I don't know, terrible? Possibly, maybe not? But certainly not amazing and a band more akin to opening for the likes of Heart not King Diamond imho...

Well you can blame KD not me, he invited them personally. I think he digs their heavy occult vibe. That song is from the debut record and one of the shorter/poppier tracks because I didn't want to post one of the longer more epic tracks, but they don't get a lot more metal, in fact their newer stuff is less straight up rock and more psyche/surf rock, the guys in this band also have a metal band, and they are really metal,

Being heavy isn't the point of JATAO. I love them but if people don't dig them, turn up late or stay by the bar.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:51 am

Got my ticket to the Oct. 19 show today! Hooray!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:33 pm

i had tickets for the nyc show. got offered 100 for each. so i sold them both. king diamond vocals are weak, dont get how this band gets so over rated
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Caught the gig on Monday - great show, King sounded much better than I expected and still hit a bunch of the high notes. He had a backing singer to help prop him up a bit, but some songs he went all out on the high notes alone and still sounded great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:39 pm

I wanted to see the Halloween show at the Wiltern Theater (it's literally across the street from where I work) but the tickets sold out in 2 hours. King Diamond on Halloween would have been perfect.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
I wanted to see the Halloween show at the Wiltern Theater (it's literally across the street from where I work) but the tickets sold out in 2 hours.  King Diamond on Halloween would have been perfect.  

That would have been fun! He brought out his whole production - granted, not as big as an arena show production, but still pretty cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:47 pm

I prefer theater shows anyway, the Wiltern seats 1850 which is about the perfect size for a concert like that.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Gotta - check his concerts out on youtube - blessed youtube
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 8:04 pm

I had a ticket to the Atlanta show but due to some issues with work I couldn't go. So I ended up selling my ticket to a friend.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 12:02 am

Saw the show tonight in Pittsburgh. King ripped it up! I am glad I finally got to see him but I wish he'd tour again with Mercyful Fate. Jess and The Ancient Ones were okay I guess. Not my cup of tea but the crowd was polite to them.

There was a massive amount of merch if that's your thing. I didn't buy anything but the shirts were very affordable.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Saw the show tonight in Pittsburgh.  King ripped it up!  I am glad I finally got to see him but I wish he'd tour again with Mercyful Fate.  Jess and The Ancient Ones were okay I guess.  Not my cup of tea but the crowd was polite to them.  

There was a massive amount of merch if that's your thing.  I didn't buy anything but the shirts were very affordable.  

How much for shirts?? Any Vinyl?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 pm

choosemetal wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Saw the show tonight in Pittsburgh.  King ripped it up!  I am glad I finally got to see him but I wish he'd tour again with Mercyful Fate.  Jess and The Ancient Ones were okay I guess.  Not my cup of tea but the crowd was polite to them.  

There was a massive amount of merch if that's your thing.  I didn't buy anything but the shirts were very affordable.  

How much for shirts?? Any Vinyl?

Shirts were only $25. I didn't see any vinyl, but there were posters, stickers, and patches.

There were a wide variety of shirts including a Fatal Portrait shirt and a long sleeve with tour dates. There was no Mercyful Fate merch, but that's not really surprising.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 1:24 pm

I thought this was worth sharing - for any fans out there -
Love this song - and it's an opener ! Elaborate stage -
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 8:52 pm

What a year ! 1989
Happy Hallows Eve ( all saints day )
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: Live    King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 12:43 pm

headbanger  headbanger  headbanger  Cannot wait for the DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Diamond U.S tour!!   King Diamond U.S tour!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Diamond U.S tour!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2