Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament vs. Metallica

Go down 
+25
MoonChild
DallasBlack
nevermore
Lovecraft
Boris2008
Lari
thejokeriv
MetalRob331
Witchfinder
ultmetal
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
MetallicSeminarian
ZombieHavoc
Wayne
Leatherface
Troublezone
Coram Deo
Thrasher73
mc666
corplhicks
choosemetal
Sword Of The Heretic
Gilbert
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

which band do you enjoy most?
1- Testament
Testament vs. Metallica Vote_lcap38%Testament vs. Metallica Vote_rcap
 38% [ 16 ]
2- Metallica
Testament vs. Metallica Vote_lcap62%Testament vs. Metallica Vote_rcap
 62% [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 42

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Testament vs. Metallica Empty
PostSubject: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:11 pm

I'd say testament. They have been much more consistent over the years.

Metallica have not released a single enjoyable riff in over 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Metallica
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 9:19 pm

80's Metallica I still enjoy so I rather listen to them. Yes, I know this meant Metallica as a whole but even for that one era I still prefer them over Testament.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Early Metallica trumps any of Testament's catalog by a good margin. As much as I love Testament, I get the feeling that they ran out of ideas immediately after the debut, from a classic thrash standpoint that is. If we were to compare their newer catalog, however, Testament kicks Metallica's ass.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 10:50 pm

I enjoy most Testament albums more so I voted for them. Metallica is who they initially copied though.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 am

Testament! I was listening to them whenever everyone else was stuck on Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:44 am

Testament. Now and back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17152

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:53 am

I love the 80's era Metallica (first 4 albums), but Testament is better overall.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:47 am

Metallica for the first three records.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 2:11 am

Testament all the way. I've enjoyed every album these guys have put out. Metallica have 3 real top quality albums and 3 pretty good albums. The rest of their output has been utter garbage. 6 albums in over 30 years equals a waste of talent in my eyes. Testament have been consistently brilliant in my opinion and in fact seem to get better as time rolls on. The last 3 testament albums are simply awesome.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 4:54 am

Testament. Their overall body of work is more solid. Metallica's discography is marred by the dip in quality with their most recent stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:19 am

Metallica will forever reign supreme in my book, for creating 4 of the absolute best metal albums (or any genre, really) of all time, including the BEST metal album of all time (Justice), in my opinion.

Testament have more albums that are good/great than Metallica...but for me, there is no comparison. Every Testament album could vanish from the face of the earth, and I'd barely notice. If a single one of Metallica's first four went missing, it'd be a really bad day.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:30 am

Metallica. Testament has been more consistent, but even at their best they can't touch the first four Metallica albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:51 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Metallica. Testament has been more consistent, but even at their best they can't touch the first four Metallica albums.

Yea, that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 7:03 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Metallica will forever reign supreme in my book, for creating 4 of the absolute best metal albums (or any genre, really) of all time, including the BEST metal album of all time (Justice), in my opinion.

Testament have more albums that are good/great than Metallica...but for me, there is no comparison. Every Testament album could vanish from the face of the earth, and I'd barely notice. If a single one of Metallica's first four went missing, it'd be a really bad day.

This. Except Master of Puppets is the greatest album ever recorded.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:44 am

I went with Metallica simply because Kill Em All and Ride the Lightning are two of the greatest albums ever IMO. Like both bands.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:46 am

I guess Metallica, but they stopped being relevant 25 years ago.  Testament has an excellent catalog and have perservered through thick and thin.  I definitely respect Testament more than Metallica however, Metallica's first 4-5 albums are superb and absolutely trend setting.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:58 am

This Smile
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:07 am

I try and pretend that Metallica broke up after the Black Album. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:28 am

Had to go with Metallica, simply on the first four albums. Heck, even the Black Album is good. But those first four are classics and better than Testament's classics. That said, the past two Testament albums are better than the past two Metallica albums..... and I like Death Magnetic, but Dark Roots Of Earth is a fantastic album and better than DM. Doesn't take much to be better than St. Therapy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:43 am

Testament. I enjoy their music more. Metallica has some killer albums, but Testament has better ones, and more of them, in my opinion.

And this is without taking things outside the music into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Metallica by a mile. Both bands ceased to be relevant to me a lifetime ago but Testament haven't done anything that comes close to Metallica at their best.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 4:22 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I try and pretend that Metallica broke up after the Black Album. Very Happy

I pretend they broke up before the Black Album.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:23 pm

This statement says it best.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Had to go with Metallica, simply on the first four albums. Heck, even the Black Album is good. But those first four are classics and better than Testament's classics. That said, the past two Testament albums are better than the past two Metallica albums..... and I like Death Magnetic, but Dark Roots Of Earth is a fantastic album and better than DM. Doesn't take much to be better than St. Therapy.

This all the way! Love Testament, not a bad album IMO. However, if not for Metallica, I don't know if I would have ever become a metal fan. TBA introduced me to a world I didn't know existed and started a 20+ year love affair with metal. Add the first four and my first metal years were born. I loved those 5 albums so much that Load pissed me off and I didn't get back into them until Death Magnetic was released.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Metallica   Testament vs. Metallica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament vs. Metallica
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next