Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors

Go down 
+7
iamrockerfun
manny
Lovecraft
jstate
mikeinfla
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Empty
PostSubject: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:51 am

Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors LightMyFireCover

"Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors" track listing:

01. L.A. Woman - Jimi Jamison (SURVIVOR), Ted Turner (WISHBONE ASH) & Patrick Moraz (MOODY BLUES)
02. Love Me Two Times - Lou Gramm (FOREIGNER), Thijs van Leer (FOCUS) & Larry Coryell
03. Roadhouse Blues - Leslie West (MOUNTAIN), Brian Auger & Rod Piazza
04. Love Her Madly - Mark Stein (VANILLA FUDGE) & Mick Box (URIAH HEEP)
05. Riders On The Storm - Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW), Tony Kaye (Yes) & Steve Cropper (BOOKER T. & THE M.G.'S)
06. The Crystal Ship - Edgar Winter & Chris Spedding
07. Intro (People Are Strange) - Keith Emerson, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter & Joel Druckman (JOHN FAHEY)
08. People Are Strange - David Johansen (NEW YORK DOLLS) & Billy Sherwood (YES)
09. Touch Me - Robert Gordon, Jordan Rudess (DREAM THEATER), Steve Morse & Nik Turner (HAWKWIND)
10. The Soft Parade - Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW), Christopher North (AMBROSIA) & Steve Hillage (GONG)
11. Hello, I Love You - Ken Hensley (URIAH HEEP) & Roye Albrighton (NEKTAR)
12. Spanish Caravan - Eric Martin (MR. BIG) & Elliot Easton (THE CARS)
13. Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) - Todd Rundgren & Geoff Downes (YES, ASIA) & Zoot Horn Rollo (CAPTAIN BEEFHEART)
14. Break On Through (To The Other Side) - Mark Farner (GRAND FUNK RAILROAD) & Chick Churchill (TEN YEARS AFTER)
15. Light My Fire - Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE), Rick Wakeman (YES) & Steve Howe (YES)
16. The End - Pat Travers & Jimmy Greenspoon (THREE DOG NIGHT)

Buncha old-timers covering The Doors? Eh, seems kinda un-necessary to me, but what do I know. don\'t know

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 1:34 pm

These thrown together tributes always sound so generic. It's just a list of names who have gone into a studio to throw their parts on a song. No prep-work is done to do the songs justice. I tend to like tributes where bands work out the songs together and record, whether a collection of different bands or one band paying tribute to their favorites artists.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 1:37 pm

I think concerning The Doors Stoned Immaculate was the best way to do a tribute album with Ray and Robbie involved.... This thread only reminded me I miss Ray Sad Love his style.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 2:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
These thrown together tributes always sound so generic. It's just a list of names who have gone into a studio to throw their parts on a song. No prep-work is done to do the songs justice. I tend to like tributes where bands work out the songs together and record, whether a collection of different bands or one band paying tribute to their favorites artists.

Yea, the whole thing just sounds so...uninspired. Recording parts all over the country, then Pro Tooling it all together. Bland.

mikeinfla wrote:
I think concerning The Doors Stoned Immaculate was the best way to do a tribute album with Ray and Robbie involved.... This thread only reminded me I miss Ray Sad Love his style.

Yea, that was a good one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 2:51 pm

The talent involved looks intriguing but The Doors are one of those groups where I just have no desire to hear them covered. The real deal is the only way to go for me.

I miss Ray too.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:02 pm

The lineup of musicians is more impressive than many of these compilations usually get. Thijs Van Leer, Steve Crocker, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, Roye Albrighton, Geoff Downes, Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Ian Gillan, etc.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 4:06 pm

The Doors are my favorite band, and this tribute has no interest for me, for a lot of the same reasons you have all stated
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:10 pm

have to check it... cover looks very nice.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Love The DOORS but when Ian Asbury sang with them - that had to be best tribute ever.
Saw them live - next day, the Boston paper write up was great -
Heard many cover songs but....they never really shined - maybe this cd will be different !
I thought this song was done pretty good though - folk guitar style -

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I was going to post the same exact thing.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Buncha old-timers covering The Doors? Eh, seems kinda un-necessary to me, but what do I know. don\'t know

Laughing 

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Lots of great artists on this. Waste of time though, I bought a bunch of tribute albums 20 years ago and I never, ever listen to any of them, despite the occasional nice treatment of classic songs that sometimes happens. I could see younger bands covering old songs for a new audience, but old guys covering old songs is just pointless.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:50 am

Good ole Burroughs - The Beat Generation -
Kerouac's - On The Road -
Morrison read it - liked it - went for it -
Ray Manzerac : " If there wasn't Kerouac - there wouldn't have been the DOORS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors   Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors
Page 1 of 1