Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic

Go down 
+5
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Empty
PostSubject: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 am

What do you think, does this album stand out as a 21st century metal classic?

IMO it does and I didn't always hold this opinion about Nuclear Fire (or Primal Fear for that matter).

However, lately I am finding myself returning to this album more frequently and finding that it has a unique (albeit not stylistically) quality about it. Some may see it as a Painkiller-era rip off, in fact Primal Fear has often times been considered nothing more but a tribute to Judas Priest and whilst there is some truth behind that what I find is that Primal Fear became to torch bearers of Judas Priest during their long hiatus and for most part of the Ripper years.

The unique quality I find is that they are able to create / recreate the Painkiller sound, pushing it to new heights incorporating faster and heavier riffing, and more anthemic songs.

By contrast to earlier Primal Fear albums, this is also a more polished album. The production is amped up and the songwriting is overall tighter than on earlier releases.

So what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:04 am

I preferred JAWS OF DEATH actually, but N.F. isn't a bad disc. The only song I don't like is that dumb-ass closing anthem "Living for Metal," which is bar none the dumbest song Primal Fear has ever recorded. The lyrics are absolutely cringe-worthy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:10 am

I like early Primal Fear. I'd rate Nuclear Fire third behind Black Sun and Devi's Ground as my favorites.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 am

I think that album was my introduction to the band, so Nuclear Fire will always have some sentimental value to me. Don't know if I'd label it a bonafide modern day classic, but that's just me.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:33 am

I haven't heard anything from this band that I'd consider classic other than the song "Chainbreaker".
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 pm

I like 'em all. Nuclear Fire is great!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:10 pm

kmorg wrote:
I like 'em all. Nuclear Fire is great!

I am with Kurt on this one. I really enjoy primal fear a lot.

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:43 pm

I like a handful of songs from it, but I prefer Black Sun (probably because it was the first one I heard).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:50 pm

snooloui wrote:
I like a handful of songs from it, but I prefer Black Sun (probably because it was the first one I heard).

I think that's why I hold Devil's Ground in such high regard; first album I ever heard from PF.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:09 pm

I'd say Nuclear Fire is a modern day classic! I like the first 5 albums a lot. After that they sorta lost me until 16:6.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 pm

I enjoyed Seven Seals a lot.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic   Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire a modern day classic
Page 1 of 1