Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New WASP album - Golgotha

Go down 
+37
thejokeriv
deathisgain
kethdredd
Hadley
metalheaded
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
stormspell
Shawn Of Fire
Zdan
the sentinel
JBall_Z
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
corplhicks
DallasBlack
Gilbert
exact33
nevermore
exanimate
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
manny
mc666
Vexer6
onrypt
tohostudios
Coram Deo
brokentulsa
Metal Misfit
glassprison
Fat Freddy
MetallicSeminarian
ultmetal
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 7:19 pm

I don't have a problem with the cover... Babylon is a good album, I am sure I will pick this one up too
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 1:47 pm

I think the cover definitely fits the theme and spent some time looking for hidden things in there a la a Derek Riggs painting. All I could find was that a lot of the tree branches looked a bit like crucifixions.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The artwork is okay but the logo and fonts suck.  The album title looks like something rejected from a Monster Energy Drink can and the band name is oddly placed.  Not that any of that matters in the long run.  

Agreed. The artwork looks fine to me, but I don't care for the band name and album title. Looks just kinda slapped-in as an afterthought. Still looking forward to hearing it though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:57 am

I think the album cover looks great. It portrays Blackies  conversion to Christianity. The album is based on the Bible (like the last one was) and the art portrays that.. The crown of thorns around the album title was a nice touch...
Looking forward to getting this ..I plan to also get Dominator and Babylon on vinyl...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 9:02 am

New WASP song here...'Last Runaway'

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 11:01 am

I like that. It may be better than the new Maiden tune , at least on first impressions.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 11:23 am

007 wrote:
I like that. It may be better than the new Maiden tune , at least on first impressions.

It's an decent song, but seems a little weak for a lead-off track. Yea, it sounds like WASP and I like it well enough, but I feel like when you hear a first track from a new album, it needs to really hook you in and make you take notice. I don't think this track does that.

The new Maiden tune smokes this as far as I'm concerned.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

It's an decent song, but seems a little weak for a lead-off track. Yea, it sounds like WASP and I like it well enough, but I feel like when you hear a first track from a new album, it needs to really hook you in and make you take notice. I don't think this track does that.

The new Maiden tune smokes this as far as I'm concerned.

It may be because WASP has interested far more than Maiden lately, I just seem to dig this one a bit more. My opinion may change once I really get into these two.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 11:40 am

I get that. I'm looking forward to both albums too, but I'm really looking forward to Maiden, so that might be tainting my opinion.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Awesome track...pure 80s W.A.S.P.!! Cant wait to buy this...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 8:28 am

Wow. Maiden should really learn a lesson out of this.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 9:14 am

Wow, I like that a lot! Instantly memorable hooks and riffs; right up my alley!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 8:13 am

this is more of the same from Babylon and I am really glad! good stuff!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Nice stuff by the old guy, showing he still has it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:06 am

Here's another new track - "Scream."

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:10 am

Isn't "Scream" the same song as "Crazy?"

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Funny you mention that. I first listened to that new song earlier today on Blabbermouth and thought "Well, it sounds like WASP. Something very familiar about it too".

I wouldn't have put 2 and 2 together, but hearing both tunes side by side, they're very similiar. Someone call Blackie's lawyers. He's plagiarizing himself!! Razz

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:11 am

Hmmmmmmmm.....
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:00 pm

tomorrow is the big day..I ordered it from amazon along with Babylon on vinyl...it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow... happy
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:11 pm

Good song.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Yes, really good!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Can't wait until this comes out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:13 pm

This is a really good release. After just one listen, the standout tracks so far are the title track and Slaves Of The New World Order.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:25 pm

W.A.S.P was a band that was never on my radar growing up, for some reason. Golgotha; however, kicks! I purchased it yesterday, and I'm digging it.  IMO, the album goes from good to great starting with "miss you". headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:34 pm

bgsully wrote:
W.A.S.P was a band that was never on my radar growing up, for some reason. Golgotha; however, kicks! I purchased it yesterday, and I'm digging it.  IMO, the album goes from good to great starting with "miss you". headbanger

WASP was never on my radar either.  My first album was "Babylon".  I'm definitely picking this up.

EDIT:  Just bought the Amazon download.

PostSubject: Re: New WASP album - Golgotha   New WASP album - Golgotha - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New WASP album - Golgotha
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next