Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.

Go down 
+17
Runicen
Metal Misfit
Gilbert
thejokeriv
Vexer6
Sword Of The Heretic
ultmetal
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
kyleblack
Boris2008
Glower
jstate
Fat Freddy
James B.
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.    One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Their heyday is over. The greatness will live on in memories of their best shows and discography. Always sad when living a life of excess.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.    One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 5:04 pm

They were a productive band during the first 5 years. Now you're lucky to hear one new song (nevermind a full album) every other decade.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.    One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 8:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Even if Axl did "swallow his pride" so to speak, I don't know if that would necessarily do much good, Axl wasn't the only problem with GnR hard as it is to believe, the other band members all had their demons as well and i'm not sure they would want to re-unite(Slash in particular seems very unlikely to ever want to go anywhere near Rose again)

I know it wasn't just Axl, but he seems to be the biggest, headstrong ass of the bunch, at least that's the way it looks. However, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were mortal enemies in 1979, 1980, etc. yet they managed to figure it out. As well, there was plenty of nasty mud slinging coming from Peter, Ace, Gene and Paul and they managed to figure it out for a reunion as well. It's not impossible, even if it is improbable.

In the entertainment world, with the right money, all things are possible. lol! 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.    One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 9:55 pm

One example not mentioned besides Aerosmith and KISS was Van Halen with David Lee Roth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.    One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.   - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One can only hope this is true...G n R calling it a day.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2