Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anvil "Hope in Hell"

Go down 
+9
Wargod
A Handful of Wayne
SpectreFate
Boris2008
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Spiner202
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Anvil "Hope in Hell" Empty
PostSubject: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:25 am

Anvil "Hope in Hell" 197453_483649035002764_1908591692_n
Anvil: the Canadian metal legends have set "Hope In Hell" as the title of their new album, tentatively due in the spring. The albumwill mark the debut with the band of bassist Sal Italiano who replaced Glenn Gyorffy (a.k.a. Glenn Five or G5) in January.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Hopefully this is on par with Juggernaut of Justice, which was a huge step up from This Is Thirteen (which is still the only Anvil album I don't really like).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Helloween and now Anvil. Looking forward to 2013 (no matter what it may bring with it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 am

I always looks forward to new Anvil. headbanger

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Me likey!! headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Ahhhhh thank God for these guys.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Never really got these guys. Kind of rooting for them after Anvil, The Story of Anvil. But was left feeling that they didn't make it because the songs were not really there. Even way back when there was a bit of hype around them, I thought that the bondage wear and sex toys thing was gimmicky and stupid.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Never really got these guys. Kind of rooting for them after Anvil, The Story of Anvil. But was left feeling that they didn't make it because the songs were not really there. Even way back when there was a bit of hype around them, I thought that the bondage wear and sex toys thing was gimmicky and stupid.

This is my thoughts on them as well. Try as I might, I couldn't get into them.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:01 am

I didn't get into them until I saw the movie. I got "This Is Thirteen" and I was a little disappointed. The songs just weren't really there and I can see why people didn't want it. Fast forward to the next album, "Juggernaut Of Justice" they have completely improved music wise and lyric wise (I think). That new song Hope In Hell sounds great too. I think they actually sound better now than they ever did and I think now that they kind of "get it" and stepped up a lot.

Seriously, give the last album a shot. If anything their music alone is awesome, they don't seem to repeat themselves which a lot of bands fall into. The people they have recording them and who ever else is involved really helped them out big time.

I actually just pre-ordered the cd/vinyl/t-shirt bundle on the omega order last night. I was kind of passing it up but after I heard that song I got it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:40 am

I pre-ordered the bundle about a month ago!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Just pre-ordered it. I like it when places have CD/T-shirt combos, I've wanted an Anvil shirt for a while.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:11 pm

I only have their Anthology and This Is Thirteen (which was rather weak). The Anthology is great though and I do like the song linked above so maybe I'll have to do a little more digging into to their catalog.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:34 pm

007 wrote:
I only have their Anthology and This Is Thirteen (which was rather weak). The Anthology is great though and I do like the song linked above so maybe I'll have to do a little more digging into to their catalog.

I too found This Is Thirteen lacking, but Juggernaut Of Justice more than made up for it. Also the classic albums Metal On Metal and Forged In Fire are great (providing you can find them at a good price).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:54 pm

I saw them live back in 1995 or so opening for Raven.... at that time I knew "Metal on Metal," "Forged in Fire" and maybe one or two other songs... But they blew the freakin roof off that joint!! Been a fan ever since that gig.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:53 pm

excellent song. i already own and love hard n heavy, metal on metal and forged in fire. all are great releases. will make sure to get this one
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:

I too found This Is Thirteen lacking, but Juggernaut Of Justice more than made up for it. Also the classic albums Metal On Metal and Forged In Fire are great (providing you can find them at a good price).

All of their albums are 4.99 (or 5.99 I forget) at the Omega Order. They are all reissues as digipacks. They sent me 2 for free because they messed up on an order of mine. They look pretty cool.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:

All of their albums are 4.99 (or 5.99 I forget) at the Omega Order. They are all reissues as digipacks. They sent me 2 for free because they messed up on an order of mine. They look pretty cool.

A couple of years ago (back when I was selling off some of my CDs while unemployed) they were going for $20+ used on Amazon. I guess that has changed.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:

A couple of years ago (back when I was selling off some of my CDs while unemployed) they were going for $20+ used on Amazon. I guess that has changed.

Yea after the movie came out they were hard to find and of course I was searching them all down. I don't think I paid more than $20 for any of them but some were harder to find than others. If I would have known they were going to be re-released I would have waited especially now when the omega order has them so damn cheap.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:13 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:

Yea after the movie came out they were hard to find and of course I was searching them all down. I don't think I paid more than $20 for any of them but some were harder to find than others. If I would have known they were going to be re-released I would have waited especially now when the omega order has them so damn cheap.

Yeah, I hate when that happens. I got Thunder-Backstreet Symphony for $20 which at the time was OOP on CD and it was later reissued not long after at a cheaper price.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:56 pm

The bondage gear and dildo use was all tongue-in-cheek because these guys have a straight-up Canadian sense of humor. To really enjoy the music, I always say look past that and let the heaviness of their music soak in. It really is some of the most passionate heavy metal I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:41 pm

This new album just KICKS ASS!!!! Their last one Juggernaut of Justice was an instant classic to me and this one is right up there as well!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This new album just KICKS ASS!!!! Their last one Juggernaut of Justice was an instant classic to me and this one is right up there as well!

Cool! headbanger I quite enjoyed JoJ. I got my pre-order (because of my financial situation I tried to cancel it but was too late) and decided to keep it but that will be the last until at least the end of summer.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 2:06 am

Rocking song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am

Did anyone pick this up?Thoughts?

PostSubject: Re: Anvil "Hope in Hell"   Anvil "Hope in Hell" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anvil "Hope in Hell"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next