Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did

Go down 
+6
TheGreatDuck
Lari
manny
Thrasher73
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Empty
PostSubject: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 9:34 pm

'82, man.  Even his band did not know what song he was going to play.  But, Glover, JLT, and the other two [Burgi, maybe?  I dunno], followed along and cranked out some amazing hard rock, with RB leading the orchestra!!!!

Just my two cents.  Most like the Dio years, for obvious reasons.  But, I really think Ritchie hit his peak in '82.

This is not your father's Joan Jett concert....
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:03 pm

JLT is an amazing singer and i tend to follow all his work. He had a great run with Rainbow and his solo career has so far been astonishing.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 4:12 am

I thought Graham Bonnet was your fave?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 2:18 pm

I do love the JLT era of Rainbow, which is the first version of Rainbow I heard.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Uh... Blackmore played on In Rock and Machine Head. Also the first three Rainbow albums were all amazing.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Lari wrote:
Uh... Blackmore played on In Rock and Machine Head. Also the first three Rainbow albums were all amazing.

And Fireball and Burn!

What's next?
I guess Asia is the best thing Steve Howe ever did?
And I Want to Break Free is the best thing Queen ever did?
hmmm
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 9:03 pm

I like the JLT era a lot, but...I can't ride the bus with you on this one. It's Dio era for me.

But you are still my favorite Uncle!! very happy
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 3:38 pm

This is when Rainbow shined their true colors.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 3:39 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 4:55 am

Lari wrote:

One of the best songs ever.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 am

The Rainbow gig I saw in 83 w/BOC was the most boring concert in the history of ever. As much energy as two 100 year old quadriplegic people trying to get it on. JLT looked like a wedding singer and they didn't play a single Dio era tune...wonder why? I recall one song from the GB album and it wasn't "Since You've Been Gone" The hummer in the parking lot afterwards for a can of Meisterbrau and a hit off a doobie from some dingy bleach blonde with lopsided breasts kept the night from being a total wash out. Hardly anyone bought shirts, the bootleggers with Rainbow on the front and BOC on the back were kicking rocks in the lot. Price started at 10 bucks and was down to 5 after a couple of laps.

Recall JLT being boring w/ Malmsteen as well Dude has a voice, but no stage presence. Kind of like cement shoes in the bottom of a river combined with the awkwardness of Steve Erkle doing a fashion show

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 11:56 am

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

One of the best songs ever.

I love it too, but its such a shame they blatantly ripped it off from another band.

Obviously Deep Purple made it their own, and did it much better, but it's still not cool they stole it lol
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 5:35 am

Never heard this comparison before. Wow.
Like Stairway to Heaven rip off.
Cool share !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did   Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why JLT Rainbow was the best thing RB ever did
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: