Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loudness - Lightning Strikes question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Empty
PostSubject: Loudness - Lightning Strikes question   Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:41 pm

I like this album, but I have a question.

I am aware that the song "Ashes in the Sky" is also known as "Shadows of War", and that there is also a version of this album titled Shadows of War. I also know that the track listing is different. Is there any difference otherwise (i.e. slightly different production, alternate lyrics), or are both albums exactly the same? I am 98% sure they are exactly the same, I just wanted to clarify.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Lightning Strikes question   Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:45 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I like this album, but I have a question.

I am aware that the song "Ashes in the Sky" is also known as "Shadows of War", and that there is also a version of this album titled Shadows of War. I also know that the track listing is different. Is there any difference otherwise (i.e. slightly different production, alternate lyrics), or are both albums exactly the same? I am 98% sure they are exactly the same, I just wanted to clarify.
Hmmm... interesting. I can't help you though as all I have is Hurricane Eyes and Thunder From The East.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Lightning Strikes question   Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:56 pm

The mix is different. Some slightly different ways he sings lyrics. I prefer Shadows Of War. It is much less American sounding if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Lightning Strikes question   Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:43 pm

OK, but are the lyrics exactly the same (entirely in English) or is there the occasional Japanese lyric thrown in there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Lightning Strikes question   Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:45 pm

No I believe they are all English, just some of the lines are sung a little differently. If you are wondering whether it is worth it to buy it, I think it was worth it for me to have both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Lightning Strikes question   Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:47 am

The only Loudness I have heard is a tape of Lightning Strikes I got at a yard sale for a dime a few years ago. It really is a good album so I think it is worth it have Lightning Strikes but not sure how it compares to the other you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Lightning Strikes question   Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:56 am

firestar wrote:
The only Loudness I have heard is a tape of Lightning Strikes I got at a yard sale for a dime a few years ago. It really is a good album so I think it is worth it have Lightning Strikes but not sure how it compares to the other you are talking about.

Only a dime? Nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Lightning Strikes question   Loudness - Lightning Strikes question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loudness - Lightning Strikes question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: