Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think?

Go down 
+20
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
DallasBlack
Red Kitty
assault_attack
Runicen
corplhicks
chewie
BearOnUnicycle
deathisgain
AutumnShantel
Addy
Thrasher73
onrypt
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ultmetal
James B.
MetalRob331
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

What do you think? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Icy Grave wrote:
"Lover man by the day
Killer by the night
I've been livin' a double life, yeah
And I guess I'm gonna be that other guy tonight
And take a life, yeah!

Hey little girl, you'd better run from me!
(You'd better run from me)
Lover by day
A killer by the night

Yeaaaaaaaaaah~"

Need I say more? Since I'm a fan of the artists who were in the band prior to starting this one up in 2011, I'm totally biased against this one. I love this band, I love this song, and I love the album (which I own).

Possibly my fav track off the record along with Devil Came With a Smile!!
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 4:26 pm

What I like about this album over their debut is how much more accessible it is.

Wow... Never thought I'd hear myself say that about a metal band.

Anyway, I like how much friendlier it is to new listeners. Their first album was overtly depressing with no hope in sight. The imagery was pitch black, the instruments were equally as black, and overall it made the experience for new listeners who were unfamiliar with Type O Negative's back catalogue feel a little uneasy. It was a little too dark for its own good. Their follow-up is still pretty dark, but it sounds like the band is having more fun with it. On top of that, there's a sliver of hope at the end of that black tunnel. Just listen to songs like "Day of the Storm" and "Cold Dark Mourning."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:17 am

Icy Grave wrote:
Their first album was overtly depressing with no hope in sight. The imagery was pitch black, the instruments were equally as black, and overall it made the experience for new listeners who were unfamiliar with Type O Negative's back catalogue feel a little uneasy. It was a little too dark for its own good.

I felt the same way. I like my share of dark, depressing music, but Pale Horses' first album was just too bleak for me. I ditched it. That new song's ok, but I'm done with this band. If I want a dose of a Type O Negative side project, I'll stick with Seventh Void.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Icy Grave wrote:
Their first album was overtly depressing with no hope in sight. The imagery was pitch black, the instruments were equally as black, and overall it made the experience for new listeners who were unfamiliar with Type O Negative's back catalogue feel a little uneasy. It was a little too dark for its own good.

I felt the same way. I like my share of dark, depressing music, but Pale Horses' first album was just too bleak for me. I ditched it. That new song's ok, but I'm done with this band. If I want a dose of a Type O Negative side project, I'll stick with Seventh Void.

I'm not a fan of Type O and I really enjoy Pale Horse's last release. Some good uptempo songs on there Smile
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Digging APHND, heard some of their stuff and always liked it, maybe just not enough to buy a whole CD.
Gotta listen a bit more...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Beyond the Bridge

Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Some likeable moments in the song but I can't say I'd buy the CD.
I think it's a little too prog rock for me.
Udo meets Evanescence and then sits around getting high and listening the Dream Theater.
I know you're posting Rob, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you're posting……
Thanks again for the cool thread!
 headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:53 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Amoral is fronted by Ari Koivunen who won the Finnish version of American Idol if I'm not mistaken.  I like the kids voice a lot!  

As far as Damnation Angels goes.  I'm in awe of their most recent release.  The singers voice def could be more powerful but the album has a ton of hooks, power, and well it just sounds killer.  

Amoral was better when they were doing melodic death metal.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:55 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not bad. Different than what I expected. I thought these guys were more Nickelback with a little Skynyrd vibe. Two things I dislike in my music. But I didn't get that at all from that tune. Pretty good actually.

The only thing remotely similar to Nickelback, is they can write a good hook!  Def a heavily southern influenced almost stoner band.  The new album is very fun and upbeat.  At least worth a listen IMO!

They are very similar to Nickelback. Hell, the last album, Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, where they shifted into a more modern rock sound, could have been a Nickelback album. The new one as well. The first two albums are more southern hard rock, but even those have tons of Nickelback/3 Doors Down moments.

Still, a very good band.

Because you are a modern rock band and played on the radio, doesn't make you like Nickleback.  I completely disagree with you.  BSC sounds nothing like Nickelback!  

Stop.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:59 pm

My reaction as I'm listening to the song (exactly as they are playing out in my head):

0:00 -- 0:35: I nearly lost the downbeat.
0:36: That female vocalist has a nice voice, but how she came in felt and sounded very strange. Almost like the heaviness had subdued itself for her, but it took forever to recover.
1:52: That piano part? I kinda like it... But it's so out of place.
2:38: The heaviness subdued again. Why?
3:00: I like the exchange between the two vocalists. Reminds me of Lacuna Coil, except you can actually understand the male vocalist.
4:02 (onward): What's up with the jazzy sections? LIFE!!! Ka-bloom!

I wish I got this. I really did wish I could understand this, but there's too much prog in there for me to even get it. This sounds like a hard rock version of a free-form jazz song only guys sitting on a couch together drinking coffee and sharing joints can understand.

Got some good moments, but if the whole CD is like this, I'll be more angry and confused than happy.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:35 am

As far as that Beyond the Bridge album goes. It's the most brilliant Prog album that I listened to this year. It came out in 2012 but I just stumbled across it this year.

BSC is a good band, Ken, you pick their most radio friendly song. Killer song BTW. Again, just because you write a song that fits everything meant for the radio, doesn't mean you sound like Nickelback, their sound couldn't be any more opposite.

Pale Horse is another band I found recently. I am not a fan of their debut album but loved their most recent. It has some killer uptempo songs that are not similar to the slow slug like mood of Type O.

Amoral is very interesting. I love Ari's vocals but musically they venture too far away from what I love. GROOVE! There aren't enough moments that made me think "I get it."

Castillion is band with HUGE potential. I at times wish their singer was a bit more powerful but musically they have a ton to offer and have some very memorable moments. A band I have high hopes for in the future.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

Insomnium (as requested by onrypt)

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:51 pm

SunStrike

Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Diggin that Insomnium brother……
Gotta hold me over until the new Opeth gets released (now Aug….damn)
Thanks
C.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Hermano Smile

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:45 am

Hermano is pretty good. But nowhere near as good as the work John Garcia was a part of in Kyuss. Check out Unida. Another band John was in that I think are better than Hermano.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:13 am

That Hermano isn't bad. I'd probably listen to more of that.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:42 pm

I like magnum.need to add them to my collection.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:36 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
SunStrike

Well I for one am hooked. Some awesome melodic hard rock right there! As anyone here who knows me knows I'm all over this type of music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:07 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
SunStrike

Well I for one am hooked. Some awesome melodic hard rock right there! As anyone here who knows me knows I'm all over this type of music.

Killer album right there Smile  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Angels of Babylon

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:46 pm

So everything here has been a couple crap tunes and mostly good ones, but this^^?? WOAH.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Beyond The Bridge. I like some of the instrumental parts but don't like either of the vocalists.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Pastore  headbanger 

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:41 pm

Badhoven

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: