Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think?

Go down 
+20
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
DallasBlack
Red Kitty
assault_attack
Runicen
corplhicks
chewie
BearOnUnicycle
deathisgain
AutumnShantel
Addy
Thrasher73
onrypt
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ultmetal
James B.
MetalRob331
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm going to start this thread and hopefully post a new song daily, that I want some opinions on.  These aren't going to be popular bands, so don't get your hopes up.  Feel free to comment what you liked and don't like about the song!!

Also.. Please if you could, do not spam this thread with your videos.  Simply inbox me and I'll get it in here, if you have something you would think fits here.  

First video is by the band Admiral of Black

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:52 pm

It sounds interesting enough for me to wanna hear on better speakers than what's on the laptop.

I dig how the intro pauses and goes into a metal-esque progression. Which has a nice hook in the riff.
The vocal melody is odd at first but when it came around to the chorus the second time it worked, especially with the bridge being how it is.   Dig the second half of the solo better.  My opinion 

Threads with too many embedded clips suck up band width and I hope folks take heed to your request.

Also, with the band having that "old school" appearance, a proper double kick kit would look so much better.   I was listening while typing and just noticed while glancing up that the audio and video are not synced up.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Not bad. Solid heavy rock. Vocals are a bit on the grunge side of the spectrum, but still not bad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 6:00 pm

One of my fav newer bands. Both albums smoke! Saw AoB open for Helmet in Chicago at RiotFest 3 or 4 years ago. Have been spreading the word about them ever since!
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:43 am

What do you think? Monkeysmoke3cpgf2
has me searching the net to hear more……..
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 2:35 am

Good band,I have this album and listen to it from time to time.My favorite song from the album is Fold In.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:01 am

not bad, id be curious to hear more by this band
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
One of my fav newer bands.  Both albums smoke!  Saw AoB open for Helmet in Chicago at RiotFest 3 or 4 years ago.  Have been spreading the word about them ever since!  

I see AoB and think Avenger of Blood.  headbanger 

Sorry, a bit of a ADD sidetrack there.  Suspect 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 2:06 pm

I knew that would happen Scott. I have Admiral of Blacks sticker on my wallet and it says "AoB". Always reminds me of Shannon, which ain't a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 2:17 pm

I never have anything smart to say, but I'll try. I think it sounds good but a bit generic, and his voice isn't at all what I was expecting after that intro.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 3:58 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I'm going to start this thread and hopefully post a new song daily, that I want some opinions on.  These aren't going to be popular bands, so don't get your hopes up.  Feel free to comment what you liked and don't like about the song!!

Also.. Please if you could, do not spam this thread with your videos.  Simply inbox me and I'll get it in here, if you have something you would think fits here.  

First video is by the band Admiral of Black

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 4:11 pm

That song isn't too bad. The vocals are a bit surprising (not what expected) but not a detriment.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 4:33 pm

Decent, but too much rock for my liking.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Slowing things down with this one a little bit

Countach (again feel free to discuss what you think)

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Liked that Admiral Of Black tune.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Countach is too "modern" sounding for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:05 am

I know there are some Magnum fans here.  This is off their newest release in 2014 Smile

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:32 am

Pretty rad. I've never heard of them before. Bluesy, AC/DC riff with an unexpected turn in the chorus. For some reason I'm hearing BOC influence throughout...but maybe I'm crazy.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:44 pm

I started digging into Magnum with the SPV box that came out of what was then their five latest releases. They kind of came across as a prog metal Meatloaf to these ears. Not a bad thing, but a world away from the straight-ahead rocking in this track. It works well, but very different from what I've heard of them.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:18 pm

This sounds like something that could have been on one of their later eighties albums. Sounds good though.

corplhicks and Runican, check out their earlier releases. They had a Kansas/Uriah Heep/Queen vibe to them... Some really good Pomp/Prog rock.

Talk about a band that Jet Records treated like crap, a couple of their albums were released two years years after they recorded them and even denied them a name producer for one(they had to produce it themselves).

I hope that this is ok, here are links(no videos) to the first three Magnum albums:

https://youtu.be/QdtXI-2f_yM         Kingdom Of Madness (1978, recorded 1976)
https://youtu.be/v4-lLo03gsI           Magnum II (1979)
https://youtu.be/SZsQeaqqc2o        Chase The Dragon (1982, recorded 1980)

Last edited by chewie on Fri May 02, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added links)
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Two years? Ouch. I can't even figure out why that would make sense for a record label when they probably laid out the cash to record the damn thing to start with...
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:57 pm

I added links so you all could hear the first three albums. Hope that's ok. Smile

Last edited by chewie on Fri May 02, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Listening to Countach made that song "Cumbersome" stick in my head, weird ? 

My limited exposure to Magnum makes that song seem different than what I'd expect from them.
Nice guitar tone, well written tune.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Magnums new album def has its Prog moments but there are also plenty straight forward hard rock tunes. Not their best release but it has some gems.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:33 pm

"What do you think?"   Well I think I liked Admiral of Black &
I give it a thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: