Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think?

Go down 
+20
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
DallasBlack
Red Kitty
assault_attack
Runicen
corplhicks
chewie
BearOnUnicycle
deathisgain
AutumnShantel
Addy
Thrasher73
onrypt
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ultmetal
James B.
MetalRob331
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

What do you think? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Listening to "Kingdom of Madness" now and even more shocked by the sound of the new track. Their old stuff sounded like the crossroads between Yes and Kansas.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Runicen wrote:
Listening to "Kingdom of Madness" now and even more shocked by the sound of the new track.  Their old stuff sounded like the crossroads between Yes and Kansas.

Funny, I am listening to that cd right now as well! The verses in the song In The Beginning sound like the verses from Away From You by Kansas.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:59 pm

LOVE Magnum. Was a fan 'back in the day' when Chase the Dragon came out (early 80s), then lost track of them. Since they reunited in the early 2000's, they have cranked out quality release after quality release...I highly recommend:

On the 13th Day
The Visitation
Into the Valley of the Moonking
Princess Alice and the Broken Arrow
Brand New Morning

Great, quality hard rock with touches of prog and melodies all over the place!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 5:42 pm

I like what little I've heard from Magnum but I'm more impressed by the vocals of Bob Catley than any of the music. Great vocalist!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:13 am

On A Storyteller's Night is all I need judging by all I've heard from Magnum so far, and this new song does prove me right. Can't surpass the greatness that is How Far Jerusalem.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Magnum is great.... On A Storytellers Night is their finest moment but they have no bad albums in their catalogue imo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Widescreen Mode

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 11:47 am

Amoral

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:47 am

Damnation Angels

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Widescreen Mode-nope
Amarol-nope
Damnation Angels-nope

All three bands have that water and oil thing going on.  No matter how hard you try to combine it. In the end  you get the same results, separation.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Widescreen Mode - good while its playing, won't remember the song after couple of minutes. Also vocals are a bit weird.
Amoral - Now I'm almost hooked to the point of getting it. Was kind of familiar with the band, and they did nothing for me right up to this song. These guitars, much like. Reminds me of In Flames going absolutely power metal.
Damnation Angel - I guess its your ordinary sympho power, which is good while being played. Have to admit I liked it a bit more than I initally thought I would, which should not be happening. Decent track.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Amoral was pretty sweet. It was kind of a "Geddy Lee fronting a power metal band" vibe, which wasn't bad. I'm not sure it's something I'd feel the need to own though.

Damnation Angels ticks all the right boxes instrumentally, but that singer really feels like a bad match for what they're doing. Where the music requires power, he sounds more petulant and whiny. I feel like I'm listening to myself at 12 whining that we didn't get a Super Nintendo. Hardly the stuff of epic metaldom.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Amoral is fronted by Ari Koivunen who won the Finnish version of American Idol if I'm not mistaken. I like the kids voice a lot!

As far as Damnation Angels goes. I'm in awe of their most recent release. The singers voice def could be more powerful but the album has a ton of hooks, power, and well it just sounds killer.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:49 pm

New Black Stone Cherry.. What you think?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Not bad. Different than what I expected. I thought these guys were more Nickelback with a little Skynyrd vibe. Two things I dislike in my music. But I didn't get that at all from that tune. Pretty good actually.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not bad. Different than what I expected. I thought these guys were more Nickelback with a little Skynyrd vibe. Two things I dislike in my music. But I didn't get that at all from that tune. Pretty good actually.

The only thing remotely similar to Nickelback, is they can write a good hook! Def a heavily southern influenced almost stoner band. The new album is very fun and upbeat. At least worth a listen IMO!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:00 am

I've liked BSC since they came out.Good ol Kentucky boys!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:37 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The only thing remotely similar to Nickelback, is they can write a good hook!  Def a heavily southern influenced almost stoner band.  The new album is very fun and upbeat.  At least worth a listen IMO!

They are very similar to Nickelback. Hell, the last album, Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, where they shifted into a more modern rock sound, could have been a Nickelback album. The new one as well. The first two albums are more southern hard rock, but even those have tons of Nickelback/3 Doors Down moments.

Still, a very good band.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:25 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The only thing remotely similar to Nickelback, is they can write a good hook!  Def a heavily southern influenced almost stoner band.  The new album is very fun and upbeat.  At least worth a listen IMO!

They are very similar to Nickelback. Hell, the last album, Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, where they shifted into a more modern rock sound, could have been a Nickelback album. The new one as well. The first two albums are more southern hard rock, but even those have tons of Nickelback/3 Doors Down moments.

Still, a very good band.

Because you are a modern rock band and played on the radio, doesn't make you like Nickleback. I completely disagree with you. BSC sounds nothing like Nickelback!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Castillion  headbanger 

Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 7:45 am

Widescreen - not so much
Amoral - not so much
Damnation Angels - not so much
BSC - so/so - While I agree that their sound isn't the same as NB, I get that vibe. Probably not fair and likely not deserved..
Castillion - diggin' it!
Love the thread brother and some of the more obscure bands you're posting, keep it up. Has me checking back every day or so..
 headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:30 am

onrypt wrote:
Widescreen - not so much
Amoral - not so much
Damnation Angels - not so much
BSC - so/so -  While I agree that their sound isn't the same as NB, I get that vibe. Probably not fair and likely not deserved..
Castillion - diggin' it!
Love the thread brother and some of the more obscure bands you're posting, keep it up. Has me checking back every day or so..
 headbanger

+1: Completely agree
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 3:24 pm

A Pale Horse Named Death................ What do you think?

Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 3:38 pm

"Lover man by the day
Killer by the night
I've been livin' a double life, yeah
And I guess I'm gonna be that other guy tonight
And take a life, yeah!

Hey little girl, you'd better run from me!
(You'd better run from me)
Lover by day
A killer by the night

Yeaaaaaaaaaah~"

Need I say more? Since I'm a fan of the artists who were in the band prior to starting this one up in 2011, I'm totally biased against this one. I love this band, I love this song, and I love the album (which I own).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: