Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stephen Pearcy quits RATT

Go down 
+17
Shawn Of Fire
Lurideath
TheGreatDuck
ZombieHavoc
kethdredd
thejokeriv
Olafsto
Metal Misfit
exact33
brokentulsa
glassprison
manny
mikeinfla
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:04 pm

So in other words:

Pearcy: "I quit"

Label: "Ohhhh no you don't. Ratt is contracted to do another record for us... with you on vocals. If you quit, we gonna sue yo'ass."

Pearcy: (checks wallet, moths fly out) "Ummmm.... C'mon guys, I was just kidding!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm

I'd be okay if they did one more album with him and then he REALLY left. I wouldn't even think Loud & Proud would care enough to enforce the contract if they already knew there's issues and Pearcy is going to bail right after it's done.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So in other words:

Pearcy: "I quit"

Label: "Ohhhh no you don't. Ratt is contracted to do another record for us... with you on vocals. If you quit, we gonna sue yo'ass."

Pearcy: (checks wallet, moths fly out) "Ummmm.... C'mon guys, I was just kidding!"

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:50 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Ratt, Quiet Riot, Great White, Poison, Black N`Blue, Icon, King Kobra and so on... Great memories from the 80s but very few bands in that genre have gotten a new audience.
Traditional metal and thrash is still cool among younger metal fans but hair metal is almost dead it seems...

Eh? There's plenty of new hair bands out there...

Ok... Maybe I just don`t pay attention or care any longer... Off the top of my head i can maybe name a band like Hardcore Superstar that are new and has had some sucsess... But as an old dude who was a teen in the 80`s i can assure you that it was totally different back then when those bands i mentined above would fill up stadiums...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:23 am

I take back what I said, someone needs to lock these 5 dudes in a cage and let them fight it out and no one leaves until they all can agree and get along!
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Olafsto wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Ratt, Quiet Riot, Great White, Poison, Black N`Blue, Icon, King Kobra and so on... Great memories from the 80s but very few bands in that genre have gotten a new audience.
Traditional metal and thrash is still cool among younger metal fans but hair metal is almost dead it seems...

Eh? There's plenty of new hair bands out there...

Ok... Maybe I just don`t pay attention or care any longer... Off the top of my head i can maybe name a band like Hardcore Superstar that are new and has had some sucsess... But as an old dude who was a teen in the 80`s i can assure you that it was totally different back then when those bands i mentined above would fill up stadiums...

Well, Bon Jovi and Guns & Roses still do, maybe Def Leppard and Motley Crue; anyway, it's not exactly like the newer trad or thrash bands are filling out stadiums either...
Back to top Go down
jeffhayden
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Frontman Stephen Pearcy has reportedly quit Ratt, citing “constant turmoil, unresolved business, personal hreats in the public forum, and most of all, the disrespect to the fans.”
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 pm

jeffhayden wrote:
Frontman Stephen Pearcy has reportedly quit Ratt, citing “constant turmoil, unresolved business, personal hreats in the public forum, and most of all, the disrespect to the fans.”

perhaps the fans would stop disrespecting him if he actually stopped quitting the band every 5 years.

TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 4:59 am

I think you misread the quote. :p
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:12 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
I think you misread the quote. :p

its still true though Smile

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 8:45 am

I read Stephen Pearcy's book " Sex, drugs and Ratt and Roll " - NOT worth the 20 bucks -
He's a pretty arrogant dude. He did, however, foresee the Metal craze happening - but not the end.
He also liked Adam Ant and Micheal Jackson. His dad O.D'd when he was a young kid.
His dad, before he died, would beat the s*** out of him on a regular basis - sad -
Great story about him - meeting up with Van Halen, before VH even had there first record out.
Smoked a jay with Roth , chatted with Eddie - and they became good friends.
My fav lp is " Privacy "  ( Give It All  Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 56834 )
Behind The Music has The RATT story - they rose up fast - and shot back down - hard -
I remember hearing " You Think Your Tough " demo - thought it was great / perfect for the time.
I cant believe they don't have that song on their greatest hits ???
Robbin Crosby - interesting how they both became pals - but frightening  No  how things turned out.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 10:37 am

Hey Glower:

"You Think You're Tough" is on Ratt n Roll comp.
Not the demo but the version on the EP

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:42 am

I liked Pearcy's book, it was a quick breezy read. Didn't tell me anything about RATT that I didn't already know but it was entertaining enough. The one thing that struck me funny was Stephen's constant use of the term "trim," which I haven't heard since Eddie Murphy in "48 HRS." circa 1982 Laughing very hard

Then again, I didn't pay $20 for it either (my brother did, he got me an autographed copy when Stephen did a bookstore signing in his 'hood, and gave it to me for my birthday last year). \'arry \'eadbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I liked Pearcy's book, it was a quick breezy read. Didn't tell me anything about RATT that I didn't already know but it was entertaining enough. The one thing that struck me funny was Stephen's constant use of the term "trim," which I haven't heard since Eddie Murphy in "48 HRS." circa 1982 Laughing very hard

Then again, I didn't pay $20 for it either (my brother did, he got me an autographed copy when Stephen did a bookstore signing in his 'hood, and gave it to me for my birthday last year). \'arry \'eadbanger

The trim comments cracked me up too!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Stephen sounds like a classy fellow.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Quote :

The whole book comes off as the ramblings of a stereotypical California surfer/stoner dude who smoked most of his brains away by 1985.

My brother has met Stephen twice, and though he said he seems like a hell of a nice guy, both times he thought "Dude, there is nobody home in there."

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:19 pm

I haven't read Pearcy or Blotzer's books yet. Definitely want to though.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 5:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
The whole book comes off as the ramblings of a stereotypical California surfer/stoner dude who smoked most of his brains away by 1985.
My brother has met Stephen twice, and though he said he seems like a hell of a nice guy, both times he thought "Dude, there is nobody home in there."

He was constantly high birthday  I couldn't believe it  birthday  and drinking hard  birthday  and acid  birthday  and 3 groupies a day birthday cocaine birthday  " A stable of black Porches in the driveway "  birthday Got into a brawl with AXL  birthday completely stoned when cutting the cord of his baby from his mother in the emergency room in the hospital birthday on and on -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy quits RATT   Stephen Pearcy quits RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stephen Pearcy quits RATT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2