Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite metal sub-genres

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

Favorite metal sub-genres Empty
PostSubject: Favorite metal sub-genres   Favorite metal sub-genres Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:01 am

Mine is thrash metal. I really enjoy the breakneck speed of the genre and the (sometimes) technical performances of the guitarists and crazy maniac pounding of the drummers behind the kit. Fav bands include  Favorite metal sub-genres 506406 , (old) Metallica, Slayer,  Favorite metal sub-genres 754598 , Annihilator, Testament, Exodus, Sadus, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Kreator, and Overkill.

I also really love death metal. Took me a few years to really appreciate this genre, but I seriously love it. Some of my favorite bands in this genre are Deicide, Gojira, Possessed, Suffocation, Behemoth (blackened death, still counts), Goatwhore, and Death.

I'm somewhat into black metal. Not an avid listen of it, but I'll turn a band on if I'm in the mood. Bands for me include Gorgoroth, Lyfthrasyr, Bathory, Venom, and Gehenna. 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Favorite metal sub-genres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal sub-genres   Favorite metal sub-genres Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:03 am

I dig a little thrash, a little Euro-Power, a little NWOBHM, a little hair metal, a little punk rock, a little song, a little dance, the Batman's head upon a lance...

Pretty much anything that doesn't have WOOOOARRRRRRGH vox in it is fine by me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Favorite metal sub-genres
Page 1 of 1