Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonham Singer Dead

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:55 pm

I just cranked The Disregard of Time Keeping the other day. That was a great album. I wonder if this will be another wasted life because of an overdose.

Quote :
Former BONHAM singer Daniel MacMaster passed away last night. The cause of his death has not yet been released.

Unsigned Connecticut-based hard rock solo artist Jimmy D, who collaborated with Daniel on the EMERALD MONKEY project, has issued the following statement regarding MacMaster's passing:

"Daniel and I started working together in early 2005. We found a writing chemistry and friendship like no other… in the world we loved called music. Now at this moment, it's hard to believe he is gone. We spoke weekly, holidays, birthdays… always, and I will miss the short time we had together. The writing, the jokes, and the stories. In my eyes he was an extremely talented musician. He taught me so much that I was lacking as a songwriter, and now there will be a void. Knowing now that our plans for releasing music performing together this year will never come to pass, saddens me beyond belief. He and I had our heart set on getting MONKEY-MACMASTER and his solo effort 'out to the masses,' as he put it.

"My heart and prayers go out for his family through this difficult time.

"I will miss you brotha. Forever your dear friend, Jimmy D."
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Terrible shame...the Scorcher release was nice too. RIP.
Back to top Go down

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:12 pm

Go to the hospital, people!

Quote :
Terry Baker, who was in a band called SCORCHER with vocalist Daniel MacMaster before Daniel hooked up with Jason Bonham to form BONHAM, has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding MacMaster's passing:

"My name is Terry Baker. I have been friends with Dan since we were in SCORCHER together.

"Dan passed away from a staph infection; he had pneumonia and didnt realize he had a staph infection that got in his blood. By the time he got to hospital, it was too late.

"His family and friends are in shock.

"[Daniel was] certainly one of the greatest singers I ever worked with. He told me when I was teaching him guitar pre-BONHAM he was going to be famous and tour the world and within two years of singing, he was doing a world tour opening for THE CULT.

"No words can explain his talent and personality. Truly an amazing person.

"Love you, Dan."

According to sources, MacMaster was in the hospital less than 24 hours before he passed away on Sunday, March 16. He was 39 years old.
Back to top Go down

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:03 pm

No love for Bonham, huh? Man, these are some great tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne066jStW_w

"Guilty" is my favorite from the first album. Love that tune!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:59 pm

That's some pretty sad news R.I.P. Daniel MacMaster Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:31 pm

That sucks! I always wondered what happend to him after grunge wiped out his career.

I did hang out with him for about an hour once before a gig. He seemed like a good guy. There were some problems with people at the meet & greet, I tried to defuse the problem finally he said lets go. So we ended up in the bar, Me drinking & Daniel eating. The one thing I remember him talking about was how much he disliked Coverdale singing the word Love in so many songs, LOL.

R.I.P. Daniel
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:03 pm

Rest In Peace, Daniel.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:13 am

That sucks man. I liked this song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74KheeagcLM

RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bonham Singer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonham Singer Dead   Bonham Singer Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonham Singer Dead
Page 1 of 1