Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up

Go down 
+12
journeyman
candlemass
glassprison
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
jstate
corplhicks
brokentulsa
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:15 pm

candlemass wrote:
I wouldn't say they were ripping off Sabbath, per se, but they were a little more than influenced by them, down right drunk! I just happen to think they were better, wrote better songs, had some staying power...

If you are looking for a blatant Black Sabbath clone then look no further than Witchfinder General. Fun band, but definitely aping every aspect of Black Sabbath. And they were damn good at it!

Trouble while influenced by Sabbath most definitely have their own unique spin and brought other influences to the table musically.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 pm

I never understood why would anyone hate a band for sounding like a band they like. Hell, if I like a band, I'll surely want more stuff that sounds like them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
I never understood why would anyone hate a band for sounding like a band they like. Hell, if I like a band, I'll surely want more stuff that sounds like them.

For me it depends on what else they bring to the table along with the obvious influence. I love Motorhead, I really don't need to collect another band that sounds exactly like Motorhead. I love High On Fire, they have lots of Motorhead influence but they also bring plenty of other elements into their sound. I'm looking for some personality in there that belongs uniquely to the band.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:37 pm

I thought Zebra would've made it a little further than they did, they were quite good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:40 pm

For me, it depends on if they can write good songs, more so than a hit or two. I always considered Witchfinder General kind of a spoof, not very good at anything!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:49 pm

candlemass wrote:
For me, it depends on if they can write good songs, more so than a hit or two. I always considered Witchfinder General kind of a spoof, not very good at anything!

Nah, Death Penalty is great fun.

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 pm

It may be, just can't take that band seriously!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 pm

I saw Kingdom Come open the Monsters of Rock show and they were good live, and a few years ago I bought their self titled album, a fun listen but I never longed for their return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2