Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up

Go down 
+12
journeyman
candlemass
glassprison
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
jstate
corplhicks
brokentulsa
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up... http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/02355.shtml

I like this band alot and hope this reinion works out and a new album comes...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Cool. I'll look forward to catching a show. A gem of an 80's hard rock band.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:21 pm

With all the hate these guys got back in the day when I saw them at a Monsters Of Rock show I was shocked how much I liked them. Of course being the young teenager I had to act like everyone else I went with and shout "KINGDOM CLONE". I then went out and got that first album and secretly loved it. I would be all over a new album with this line-up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Kingdom Come in your face! That's why I would NEVER sit in the front row of one of their shows.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:56 pm

S.D. wrote:
Kingdom Come in your face!  That's why I would NEVER sit in the front row of one of their shows.

LOL!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Always liked them. And it's cool seeing local guy Danny Stag back with them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Meh. (Shrugs) K.C. were OK back in the day but I doubt many people were saying, "Gawd, when the hell is Kingdom Come gonna get back together? I miss them!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:25 pm

I think it would be cool to catch these guys live. The fact that the original lineup is back would suggest that the first two albums will be represented very nicely in a live setting. As much as I like the s/t, I think "In Your Face" might edge out their debut as my favorite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:33 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I think it would be cool to catch these guys live. The fact that the original lineup is back would suggest that the first two albums will be represented very nicely in a live setting. As much as I like the s/t, I think "In Your Face" might edge out their debut as my favorite.

In Your Face is a lot better, not as much of a total Zep ripoff.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

In Your Face is a lot better, not as much of a total Zep ripoff.  

The reason I dislike the word "ripoff" as it relates to Kingdom Come, is that it suggest that the band wasn't talented. I wasn't bothered by all this talk back in 1988 for two reasons, I really didn't fully appreciate Led Zeppelin until much later in my life and from 1986 thru 1990 those were my thrash metal years. I rarely listened to much outside of the genre in that time period. Hence, I didn't give Kingdom Come much of a listen back then. I understood the clone reference, but then again it's funny how the group Bonham got a free pass, as the late Daniel MacMaster and the group had a very Zeppelin like sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:54 pm

I basically disliked Whitesnake (circa 1987), Kingdom Come and Bonham for the same reasons. Zeppelin was so many things, all the bands that "borrowed" from them would copy just the surface but miss all the details that made Zeppelin special and far superior to any of these copycat groups.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:03 pm

S.D. wrote:
I basically disliked Whitesnake (circa 1987), Kingdom Come and Bonham for the same reasons.  Zeppelin was so many things, all the bands that "borrowed" from them would copy just the surface but miss all the details that made Zeppelin special and far superior to any of these copycat groups.

Though the Whitesnake sound pre-Slide It In was much different, I like both eras, because I'm a John Sykes fan boy. I loved the guy in Tygers of Pan Tang, appreciated what he brought to Thin Lizzy and I liked what he wrote for the s/t in 1987. The Steve Vai stuff on "Slip of the Tongue", now that's a whole other deal. Even though I like Kingdom Come and Bonham, it's like comparing apples to oranges. Led Zeppelin were originators, they were a blue print for those aforementioned bands and many others. Clearly the thing that turned me off the mos, was the look of many of these bands. I often wonder how many of these groups would be looked at differently had they just toned things down from a look's standpoint?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:48 am

KC want to know... Do you like it?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:40 am

I saw them at Monsters Of Rock too and thought they were great live although I did miss the beginning of their set.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:11 pm

007 wrote:
I saw them at Monsters Of Rock too and thought they were great live although I did miss the beginning of their set.

I saw'em at the Monsters of Rock too, and they were pretty much boo'd off the stage. (New York crowds are merciless...haha.) Just about everyone in the place was there to see Metallica (who came on after KC) so Kingdom Come was treated as an obstacle. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Didn't give these guys the time of day back when they had their 15 minutes. Don't think I'm gonna start now either. Although I gotta admit, looking at Ult's site, they put out way more albums than I expected.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

I saw'em at the Monsters of Rock too, and they were pretty much boo'd off the stage. (New York crowds are merciless...haha.) Just about everyone in the place was there to see Metallica (who came on after KC) so Kingdom Come was treated as an obstacle. Laughing very hard

Metallica. Those cockblockers.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 pm

I really like the In Your Face album. Lenny has put out a ton of albums, solo and with the various incarnations of KC, but almost all of the recent material has been incredibly boring. I really doubt they'll be able to record anything like what they were doing in the 80s, or if Lenny even wants to. I would, however, probably go see them live if they do any shows near me.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:04 am

No one seems to give Trouble or Pentagram, (not to mention the plethora of stoner/doom bands), flack for pretty much doing the same w/Sabbath as these band did w/Zeppelin...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:10 am

I like the first two Kingdom Come releases. Don't revisit them much, but still like them. Now that was a band that never had a chance which I think was due in large part to the label marketing the band as the second coming of Led Zep. A big mistake. Yes there was a nod to the mighty Zep,, but ripoff, not sure about that. I remember when the first one album was released, all anyone talked about was Zeppelin. I never really got it, cause there is no way Kingdom Come sounds like Zeppelin. Influenced and borrowed just like so many other bands, yes. I think it was just a bandwagon of hate, cause a couple of the cool kids mouthed off about it and everyone else agreed cause they had to be cool too. Little did these musical experts know, is that Zeppelin borrowed very heavily themselves. It's just that those titans of knowledge never heard the original source material. Part in parcel Kingdom Come played the part, so they only have themselves to blame for the hate. Lesson learned.

I had no idea Kingdom Come continued on after the first two.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 9:51 pm

candlemass wrote:
No one seems to give Trouble or Pentagram, (not to mention the plethora of stoner/doom bands), flack for pretty much doing the same w/Sabbath as these band did w/Zeppelin...

Popularity? Kingdom Come's debut went platinum and reached #12 on Billboard. Trouble, Pentagram or other stoner/doom bands never hit those kinds of numbers. Kingdom Come (and other Zep clones) were way more popular and got more exposure, the downside being that it also opened themselves up for harsher criticism.

That's my theory anyway.

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Plus Trouble is influenced by Sabbath but they have just as much Judas Priest influence in their music, if people think Trouble is a Sabbath ripoff then they obviously aren't listening.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 pm

I've got no real problem with KC sounding like Zeppelin other than the fact that I don't really like Zeppelin so I never bothered with them. I do think however that describing Trouble and Pentagram as Sabbath clone bands is quite wrong. Sheavy & Orchid on the other hand......
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:09 am

I seem to recall singer Lenny Wolf putting out a solo album called something in the neighborhood
like "The Hands Of Time", and the record label made him put it out with the Kingdom Come name
for some reason, like to complete a record deal or something. I got the CD and I really liked it as
I recall. I can't remember if the band quit or if they were fired,
but Lenny was the only one on the 3rd album. Don't remember anything after, but I think Lenny
continued on with the KC name like Axl did with GNR.

I think I'll break out those 3 CDs, if I can find them.......
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:03 pm

I wouldn't say they were ripping off Sabbath, per se, but they were a little more than influenced by them, down right drunk! I just happen to think they were better, wrote better songs, had some staying power...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up   Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Come Reunite With Original US Line-up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next