Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament

Go down 
+6
Witchfinder
ultmetal
Troublezone
nevermore
Required Fields
metalinmyveins
10 posters
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Empty
PostSubject: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 pm

I just happened to be on their Wiki page to see the history of those within the band and saw Steve DiGiorgio's name as their current bass player. I was like when did this happen? Apparently almost a month ago. I guess Greg Christian was unavailable to tour with the band during their U.S Tour at the end of 2013 due to personal reasons. Too bad Greg's out, but Steve is more than capable of fitting his shoes.

http://loudwire.com/testament-bassist-greg-christian-exits-band-replaced-by-steve-digiorgio/

It is with much respect that we announce our mutual parting with bassist Greg Christian. Metal fretless bass pioneer Steve Di Giorgio will be returning to TESTAMENT. Steve previously was a member of TESTAMENT on The Gathering (1999) as well as First Strike Still Deadly (2001). He will be joining TESTAMENT on their upcoming shows in Australia on the Soundwave Festival, Japan and Mexico City. Steve will also be taking part in the new TESTAMENT album. We are looking forward to continuing the momentum you, the fans, have made possible.

The reason I was on Testament's Wiki page was, I was wondering whether Dave Lombardo was the touring drummer after "The Gathering" came out, but apparently that was Jon Allen behind the kit? I had just downloaded this smoking set Soundboard set from the Dynamo Open Air Festival in 2000. This is definitely worth downloading.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/testament-live-at-dynamo-open-air-2000-sbd-141662.html

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Best wishes to him in his future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Steve has played with Testament before. He is an incredible bass player and will do a fine job with the band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:46 pm

Too bad Greg didn't stay with them (again), but Steve is a good player and will do fine (again).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:39 pm

I'll bet that King Fowley is crushed by this news. :-p

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Hahaha! He probably put on his "Testament Sucks" shirt when he heard the news.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 10:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Yet he liked Bruno Mars' half time show. Go figure...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 10:10 pm

I like King, but he has some very weird opinions.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 10:21 pm

I think he has really good taste in true metal but is too closed-minded towards certain styles.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Looking at some of his posts on facebook, King has said that he doesn't like certain people like Chuck Billy because he acted like a rockstar prick when he seen him in person. That is the exact opposite of my experience meeting Chuck, but whatever...

Maybe things like that shape his opinions as well.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Looking at some of his posts on facebook, King has said that he doesn't like certain people like Chuck Billy because he acted like a rockstar prick when he seen him in person. That is the exact opposite of my experience meeting Chuck, but whatever...

Maybe things like that shape his opinions as well.

Chuck was very cool when I met him. Did several photos with us, talked to us for about 20 minutes after the show. Really laid back and polite.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Now, get rid of Alex & get back to Low/Demonic/The Gathering style thrash.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:25 am

No way! They're way better with Alex.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, but "The Gathering" was one of their best albums. Much better than their albums since then.

They would've been awesome with Glen Alvelais too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Low and The Gathering were awesome. Demonic...not so much. Mainly, the vocals killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, but "The Gathering" was one of their best albums.  Much better than their albums since then.

They could still make another album like The Gathering, but with some tasteful soloing. That's the one thing I thought it lacked.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:05 am

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, but "The Gathering" was one of their best albums.  Much better than their albums since then.

They could still make another album like The Gathering, but with some tasteful soloing. That's the one thing I thought it lacked.

Totally agreed. And if I was being really picky I'd opt for a better album cover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament   Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament
Page 1 of 1