Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Greg Lake

Go down 
+8
Fat Freddy
Wurthless
Required Fields
Citanul
Boris2008
tohostudios
akeldama
12 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Not another one. Damn.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 2:19 pm

That's an ironic shame.  He wrote one of my favorite songs for this time of year, "I Believe In Father Christmas".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 2:46 pm

A struggle with cancer ? That's a shame.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 4:14 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 5:46 pm

R.I.P.

Carl Palmer must be a little worried now...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 5:53 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 8:00 pm

this one has hit me the hardest out of the musician deaths this year. what a f*cking bummer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 9:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That's an ironic shame.  He wrote one of my favorite songs for this time of year, "I Believe In Father Christmas".

I love that track. I'm not much of a prog-rock guy at all but I bought ELP's best-of CD just so I can spin that song during the holidays.
R.I.P. sir.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Wow!  Poking around on Youtube for "I Believe in Father Christmas" I found this;  Greg Lake performing the song with Ian Anderson:

Simply beautiful.  And the lyrics pretty much sum up how I feel about this time of year.  RIP Greg Lake.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Chris Caffery of Savatage/TSO posted this on FB earlier today - Greg Lake joining TSO on stage in New Jersey for a cover of ELP's "Karn Evil 9"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 1:07 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 10:07 am

Sad RIP
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 7:54 am

My favorite tune is here, live and acoustic.

http://www.inthestudio.net/live-tracks/greg-lake-from-beginning-dallas-summer-1992/
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 10:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Agree 100%
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 10:33 pm

My favorite track with Greg.

I remember being in a record store in Santa Cruz, Ca and this song was put on by one of the employees.  Everybody just just stopped and listened.. Nice sound system made it work even better.  Good memories.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P. Greg Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Greg Lake   R.I.P. Greg Lake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Greg Lake
Page 1 of 1