Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People who like new power metal?

Go down 
+13
Orion Crystal Ice
metalhead777
DakotaRogers
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
Witchfinder
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Lari
MetallicSeminarian
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:46 am

Another power metal fan here.  I tend to favour the European variety over USPM, and here are some favourites of mine that haven't been mentioned yet.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 am

I'm a USPM fan first but I love a lot of European PM too. There is a difference even in the European styles. Take a Freedom Call which is very flowery to a Primal Fear and all stops in between.

That Lord song is really good, never heard them before.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Is that the same Lord led by Tim Lord formerly of Dungeon?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:59 pm

After some research it is and they have a few albums out.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Been into a Japanese band called Dragon Guardian since maybe 4 years ago. Most of their stuff is in Japanese, although most of the material with Leo Figaro on vocals rather than any of their former female vocals is in heavily accented english. I think their pretty fun. Everything is written by guitarist Arthur Brave, seems like he's also been doing collaborations with another japanese group called Knights of Round in recent years though the material sounds pretty much the same. They don't have a lot of stuff on youtube outside of album samplers, but I think they work to get the general point across.
Warning:Japanesy, but very entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:44 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
There is a difference even in the European styles. Take a Freedom Call which is very flowery to a Primal Fear and all stops in between.

I agree with that, but I find that even the least flowery European bands tend to be better at crafting memorable choruses US bands (and I know that's something of a generalisation). I'm not saying that an album has to be laden with hooks and catchy from the outset, but if after a few listens I'm still battling to remember the songs then that album's been a bit of a failure for me, and in my experience that's happened more often with the US rather than the European style.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:02 am

Do steelwing count as power metal?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 1:49 pm

I think they're more of a throwback to traditional metal.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:23 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Mystic Prophecy

Was just checking these guys out... damn  \'arry \'eadbanger 

I love Mystic Prophecy! Don't stick to just the Gus G era though. Savage Souls is a monster album, and I'd say it's their best. Regressus and Fireangel are also excellent and so is Satanic Curses. You can't go wrong with this band. Killer stuff.

Great guitarists and then there's Liapakis who has a very powerful voice.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:56 pm

I want to like this band more and I really enjoy the Gus years but other then that Fireangel is the only one i've found that I like much after that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
After some research it is and they have a few albums out.

I have a couple Lord albums but they didn't register with me as much as his Dungeon stuff did.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Never got into Dungeon, the vocals were odd to me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Which is weird because it's the same guy.

At any rate, I went back and listened to some of the Dungeon tracks I have and I am just soooo not into this style at all anymore.

In fact, I might have some Lord discs for sale if you're interested.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Somehow the vocals on Dungeon didn't fit the music they were playing. Though I only listened to A Rise To Power. I've listened to some more Lord samples and I don't think i'd listen much. One of those groups that a song is cool but then I kind of tune them out.
Can't explain it, how one band does that and another band doesn't.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm that way with lots of bands.

I know what I like and I know what I don't like but I can't always explain it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm that way with lots of bands.

I know what I like and I know what I don't like but I can't always explain it.

Sometimes I'm like that even with individual albums by bands I generally like. For example, I like Metal Church, but their debut does nothing for me. I have no idea why. I SHOULD like it, all things considered, but it bores me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Good point.  I'm the same way; it's not just band to band but even album to album within the same band where I can like some but dislike others.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:30 pm

I have to mention Manticora, an often overlooked band that I find to be pretty excellent.

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Man, I remember listening to this when I was like 11. Stuff was crazy.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Good stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:23 am

Yeah can't go wrong with Sacred Warrior.I really like Nightmare too.Im pretty selective when it comes to Power Metal but there's a lot of cool stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Brazilian Power Metal band Hibria  headbanger 

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 pm

'Rebellion' is a beast debut, my favorite SW.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:52 pm

I enjoy the first couple Hibria albums, have to check the new one out.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I enjoy the first couple Hibria albums, have to check the new one out.

It's WOWing me and that doesn't happen a lot!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People who like new power metal?   People who like new power metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People who like new power metal?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next