Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Primal Fear-Delivering the Black

Go down 
+14
Gilbert
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
kmorg
nevermore
tohostudios
ultmetal
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 11:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
No one else? I bet people would like this.

I lost interest in these guys after Seven Seals. I still have 4 or 5 older discs and a Greatest Hits comp with a bonus discs of cover tunes. That pretty much fills my quota of PF. They do what they do very well, but I'm just not interested in anything new anymore.

What he sez. Like many of the Euro Power Metal bands who popped up in the late 90s/early 00s (HammerFall, Iron Savior, etc.), PF started getting "samey" to me after a couple of records. I like the albums I have by PF (and the other bands mentioned) but I'm in no hurry to keep adding to the pile.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:11 am

During my buy-every-powery-metal-album-I-see phase of the late 90s and early 2000s, I bought Devil's Ground (I think is the title? "Metal is Forever" is the opening track).

It never grabbed me much, even at the time when I was way into the genre. I did like the opening song a lot though.

Anyway. I'm listening to this new joint on Spotify now. I like the song "When Death Comes Knocking", but otherwise, nothing much is grabbing me other than being servicable power metal.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 am

I love their sound, that mix of Priest with Sinner's signature sound he injects into his music.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Question, since I haven't really had the time to dive deeper into this band--is every album really like the other? This new one is really blowing me away. Sounds more like Accept than Priest to me with it's rougher edges. Is this the norm, and even so, is there an album that one could claim to be top form?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:33 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Question, since I haven't really had the time to dive deeper into this band--is every album really like the other? This new one is really blowing me away. Sounds more like Accept than Priest to me with it's rougher edges. Is this the norm, and even so, is there an album that one could claim to be top form?

Their first four are their best.  

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:34 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Primal Fear of today sounds similar to the late 90's early 00's Primal Fear, but also very different. My fav album from them is easily Devil's Ground...

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Their first four are their best.  

I find their debut to be way too repetitive, especially with the use of the double bass on nearly every song.. Primal Fear really starting clicking for me around the Nuclear Fire release..
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:56 pm

The Debut was them trying to do Ram It Down.  Razz Razz My fave is easily Seven Seals.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
The Debut was them trying to do Ram It Down.  Razz Razz My fave is easily Seven Seals.

Killer album and along with Devil's Ground, it gets the most plays!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Nuclear Fire was my introduction to the band, so that one tends to get more play than some of the others. It was Judas Priest's Painkiller taken to ridiculous levels. I know that description will make some folks head for the hills, but I quite enjoy it. I remember the s/t debut being pretty good too, although it's been awhile.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 am

Definitely a must have

Will order this one right after I settle ultimatum (heart of metal) cd price (which wil cost me over 50 $)!!!!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:48 am

I wish this band was better than they are.... about 2 killer songs per album for me, and a lot of the lyrics are pretty embarrassing...

At least we still have Sinner though..
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I wish this band was better than they are.... about 2 killer songs per album for me, and a lot of the lyrics are pretty embarrassing...

At least we still have Sinner though..

You are somewhat right. But on a personal level I do not mind buying a cd with only two or three excellent tracks on it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 pm

And Sinner's lyrics are better? Razz I like most of the Primal Fear albums but i'm pretty easy I guess.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Listened to this early this morning on Spotify. Sounds great! They really don't do anything "new" with their sound or songs but that's ok with me. Will have to add it to the ever growing and never ending want list. Haha!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Listened to this early this morning on Spotify. Sounds great! They really don't do anything "new" with their sound or songs but that's ok with me. Will have to add it to the ever growing and never ending want list. Haha!

That's just it wth Primal Fear for me ,too. They sound pretty much the same album after album, but they do it well. I don't really have to hear anything off this ahead of time because I'm sure it sounds very similar to what came before and I really liked it all.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:06 pm

This album simply rules.

One of the standout tracks is one night in december. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 3:03 pm

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Finally got around to listening to this album today. It's another a great album, as expected!

In general I think the most straight-forward tracks work best:

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:31 pm

I just picked this up a couple weeks back and this album is solid through and through...

Some great hooks and solid production.... no reinventing the wheel but that is not what I buy music for anyway...

Solid and memorable heavy metal....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 am

so this album is a serious candidate for best metal release of 2014 or what? much better than accept IMO.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:54 am

Gilbert wrote:
so this album is a serious candidate for best metal release of 2014 or what? much better than accept IMO.

It's a very good album. I am still digesting the Accept album, but the new Primal Fear will definitely make it on to my top 10 of the year list.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 pm

I lost track of them after 16.6 but that was due to too much to buy and now with not enough money (especially with my new car). I hope to catch up someday. I really only have a few albums from them but I play the hell out of the best of album now and again.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primal Fear-Delivering the Black   Primal Fear-Delivering the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Primal Fear-Delivering the Black
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2