Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Owning albums on all formats

Go down 
+13
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Citanul
brokentulsa
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
Required Fields
corplhicks
Thelemech
Boris2008
jstate
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:43 am

Quote :
I had Alive on 8 track when I was a kid. I got it at a yard sale, and the stereo I had in my room, which was a hand-me-down from my dad, has an 8 track player, so I did listen to it.

The last time I even saw an 8 track player was when I was in college in the late 80s. My friend's first car was a hand me down from his parents which had an 8 track player in the dash. We thought that was funny as hell. I remember driving around to every Radio Shack and electronics store in and around Staten Island, New York, with him a few days after he got the car, trying to find a certain adaptor that you could stick into the 8-track deck so it would play standard cassettes. Laughing very hard

Quote :
Also, regarding the cassettes. I've rekindled my love of cassettes. I know it's simply out of nostalgia, but I'm enjoying them right now. Especially demo tapes.

The only cassette player I have now is the little piece of crap boom box I keep on my desk at work to listen to CDs. It's been so long since I've used the tape player on it that I don't even know if it works anymore.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I had Alive on 8 track when I was a kid. I got it at a yard sale, and the stereo I had in my room, which was a hand-me-down from my dad, has an 8 track player, so I did listen to it.

The last time I even saw an 8 track player was when I was in college in the late 80s. My friend's first car was a hand me down from his parents which had an 8 track player in the dash. We thought that was funny as hell. I remember driving around to every Radio Shack and electronics store in and around Staten Island, New York, with him a few days after he got the car, trying to find a certain adaptor that you could stick into the 8-track deck so it would play standard cassettes. Laughing very hard

Quote :
Also, regarding the cassettes. I've rekindled my love of cassettes. I know it's simply out of nostalgia, but I'm enjoying them right now. Especially demo tapes.

The only cassette player I have now is the little piece of crap boom box I keep on my desk at work to listen to CDs. It's been so long since I've used the tape player on it that I don't even know if it works anymore.

My dad's car had an 8-track player in it!  He had one of those adapters and would play his Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson and Chuck Mangione tapes in it.  I was scarred for life.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:53 am

Can't remember which ones, but I still have some Christian Metal on cassette and CD - never got around to selling those off yet on cassette....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:53 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

My dad's car had an 8-track player in it!  He had one of those adapters and would play his Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson and Chuck Mangione tapes in it.  I was scarred for life.

I remember my grandparents old '75 Ford LTD had an 8-track in it. I can still picture the old Elvis and Johnny Cash tapes we used to play over and over an over. And occasionaly Rick Dee's 'Disco Duck'. Cool

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Quote :
Chuck Mangione tapes in it.  I was scarred for life.

Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 220px-Feels_So_Good

Awwwww snap, don't be dissin' the Mangione, yo. If you get between the man and his flugelhorn, he'll cut a bitch... Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Chuck Mangione tapes in it.  I was scarred for life.

Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 220px-Feels_So_Good

Awwwww snap, don't be dissin' the Mangione, yo. If you get between the man and his flugelhorn, he'll cut a bitch... Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Curiosity got the better of me... I went digging in my desk drawers cuz I was somewhat sure that I'd seen one of my old cassette tapes waaaaaayyyy in the back (from when I first moved all my work sh*t to this office from my old one, circa 2005)... and lo and behold, sure enough an age old Gamma Ray "Heading For Tomorrow" tape was moldering away amongst the papers, sugar packets and other office flotsam. So I'm gonna put this thing into my little player in a few minutes and find out if the tape functions will still work.

*EDIT* Well, I'll be damned...it's alive!! Gamma Ray is bustin' out at my desk as I type this!  headbanger 

...and daaaaaaaamn, you really do forget how crappy the sound quality was on cassettes, huh?? Laughing very hard 

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:24 pm

That's something I've always wondered about...since cassette tape was an uncompressed medium shouldn't the quality have been greater than CD's? Why did it come out so dull and murky, even brand new?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

corplhicks wrote:
That's something I've always wondered about...since cassette tape was an uncompressed medium shouldn't the quality have been greater than CD's? Why did it come out so dull and murky, even brand new?

Beats me. I always chalked it up to the fact that tapes were manufactured en masse with cheap materials by the lowest bidder. Maybe one of our resident audio nerds can answer it for us. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owning albums on all formats   Owning albums on all formats - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Owning albums on all formats
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2